1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 for 8

Discussion in 'General' started by AndyR1, Aug 16, 2008.

1. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Congrats to Phelps.

That dude fast!

2. Demon DS7

Demon DS7 Well-Known Member

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

3. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

And thanks for making them play my favorite song 8 times for your victories.

Perfection has a new face.

4. Tipys624

Tipys624 Broke Rule #1

Ya I think its just amazing

5. fleisch

fleisch Well-Known Member

whoooooooooo

6. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I have heard that the pool is a little different than normal. Its deeper and the lanes are wider. Maybe this is reducing turbulence in the water, so swimmers are going through "clean", or mostly still water :confused: Its still great to win and make records. :up:

7. LookOutRossi

LookOutRossi Banned

all the other guys are in the same pool:up: congrats phelps

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The pool has nothing to do with Phelps' dominance against the others but it has contributed to the amount of world records. They explained all of the design features a few nights ago. Very interesting stuff actually and there isn't much argument from those in the know about it contributing to the amount of broken records.

9. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

michael phelps better go out and bang 8 asian girls tonight or these medals dont mean shit...

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

11. random hero

random hero Banned

You are wasted:moon:

12. MellowYellowCBR

MellowYellowCBR Active Member

Yea its probably the main reason for all the broken world records...But all competitors were in the same pool. So its still an amazing feat! We just witnessed history! I watched every race an each was amazing

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I watched the 100m butterfly and still can't see how he won. Cavic was there long before Phelps. Cavic seem to be "coasting" or heading for the pad while Phelps took another stroke. I'm not taking anything away from Phelps as it was an amazing race.

Great to see such a long standing record get raised to another bar since both are held by the US.

David

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

15. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

16. Tipys624

Tipys624 Broke Rule #1

Ya it was a close race same thing happened in the womens 100meter freestyle. And I think phelps held back some in the butterfly not meaning to make it that close but still not trying to break Crockers WR. thats just what I think

17. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

anybody have a link to a page that explains what is different about the pool vs other pools?

18. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Did you guys see where they broke down what makes him such a great swimmer? Legs of a 6' guy but torso of a 6'8" guy

19. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

somthing about the design of the lane bouys and how it eliminates wake.... the pool is also 8 feet deep rather than typically 6 feet. I cant remember what else bob costas told me.

i made cannoli look sober.

20. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008