1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

750 Novice???

Discussion in 'General' started by GaTarheel, Jul 15, 2002.

1. GaTarheel

GaTarheel Well-Known Member

Why isn't the 750 Novice class also considered a "meatgrinder" class? Looking at race results, it appears that fewer people race in those classes. However, how often do they group Experts with Novices in the same race?

I'm fairly new at this, I've race three weekends this year in the 600 Novice class and can understand it's reputation (at times).

Thanks
    Chad Funderburk

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on who you ask. I feel that neither are meatgrinder classes, the 600 Novice races usually have many more riders and hence more crashes - inexperience and large fields will do this.

3. GaTarheel

But, how often are 750 Novice and Experts grouped together? I know it depends on how many of each are racing, but with less total numbers running in 750, it would be reasonable to think that it would happen more often.

Did I just answer my own question??? ;)

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think you did :)

It depends on the turnout as to how often they are grouped together. BSS almost never, BSB now that we have added V6 to it is also almost never.

5. GaTarheel

Thanks for the info. Mongo.

The root of my question is this. I sold my 600 this past weekend so I could move to another class. My two options are: 1) Race prep my 01 750 which would include, safety wiring, bodywork, & case guards. I already has the other goodies. Or, buy an SV already race prepped.

That in a nutshell is my situation.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends on finances. I'd say buy the SV if possible purely for the fun factor. Otherwise race the 750 and don't worry about it.

7. GaTarheel

Thanks Mongo. I ordered what I needed from Marmo today and should have it by Wednesday. I'll give the 750 class a shot, if I don't like it, I'll get an SV next.

Life is made of experiences..... right? Here comes another one!!! :D

See you at the races.

Chad Funderburk
    Novice #271
    GSXR750 under construction

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

750 being usually light, you might have more fun if you're not into getting intimate with 50 other racers. You can run F1, B/ss & B/sb.