1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

750 honda ss spring rate

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by jim weaver, May 31, 2018.

1. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

starting on my 76 750f honda bike is stock,so first is spring rates. im 200lbs. as i said bike is stock heavy weight. need input on approx springs for the forks. i have had people tell me to get this rate or another. now i am confused. help ill listen to anyone smarter than me.

2. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

long ago i cafe'd my CB750F. I used Progressive fork springs, no idea the spring rate. also used Trickit damper rods. Forks worked well!

3. jim weaver

thanks for your reply, those are the springs im looking at. but i think there are better setups than trickit damper rods. i guess i should actually check with some ahrma peeps that are running similar setups. need it to handle for production heavy wt. class.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  4. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Lightest would be .9kg at the all up weight you may want .95kg.. STRAIGHT WOUND ONLY race tech emulators, go to the race tech site and look up the year / forks it will show you the install instructions. If you are not comfortable with a self install send the forks to Traxxion. Make sure you follow the emulator setting instructions CAREFULLY.

You will have a great handling front end, I have built at least a dozen with the above setup on other bikes.

K51000 likes this.
  5. jim weaver

thanks,i think thats what i was looking for. wondered if the.9kg would be heavy enough. ill still try to get some weight off . next will be rear shocks. want it to handle. then ill worry about power. i will say it does run pretty well now. again thanks

6. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

If you are concerned with all up weight try the 9.5 kgs. It is harder to do shocks at a reasonable $ with the demise of Works Performance. There have been rumors of a re-start but nothing indicates that is happening. Best setup is using shock length try and get the rake to down to 25 or 24 degrees, don't go below 24, you will want trail to fall between 3.6 and 3.8, the stock triple clamps with a good 18" wheel / tire should put this in range with the rake at the numbers given.

7. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

If you are making a race bike I use a 77-79 Goldwing front end with the race tech kit, they are better quality and it is easier to lace an 18 to the spoked rim.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

When did this happen ? Hadn't heard they were gone, they built the shock for my Bandit 400.