1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

675 owners, need info on a triumph 675 front stand

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I bought a 2009 triumph 675, have a rear stand, ordered a vortex head stand front lift that arrived with my tires warmers the night before a track day. Went to see what pin would fit in and there was something bolted under it with wires running out where you would usually stick the pin. Is that normal?? It's a former racebike and I didn't ever think to look under the triples when I bought.

Meet my buddy at the track and he had a pitbull standard front stand. I had multiple pins and we found one to fit his gsxr. We would trade for the day. The triumph has a weird angle from the forks to the brake not like a standard jap bike.

I tried it but it didn't want to stay and kept slowly slipping enough that I didn't want it to fall of and spent the day with out warmers.

I looked online but don't trust the internet and just want a simple answer to my problem. Thanks

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That's not normal.

3. mjkuhno

mjkuhno Member

Was it a horn by any chance? I think that's the 'stock' position for the horn bleeper on a D675.

And yeah - the fork legs are different lengths on the 07-2012 Daytonas (not sure about 13+) so you definitely want to use a pin stand.

4. SuddenBraking

Don't think a "former racebike" would still have the horn attached, but I was still able to use a triple stand before I removed the horn from my 2008.

5. SuddenBraking

Btw, you want a 13mm pin - just checked and my buddy's GSXR (2011) in the garage takes a 15mm.

6. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Mine had the horn somewhat in the way of the pin slot. Removed it to clear things up.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What? The left and right fork legs are different lengths?

8. Captain Morgan

It's possible, I'm horrible at anything mechanical, It's a full on track prepped bike, keyless ignition, I doubt the previous owner would have left the horn on but that would be awesome if that's all it is and my pin stand will fit. Thanks. I do some research and see if that's it

9. Captain Morgan

Yeah, that's why a standard fork stand is difficult. Kind of wishing I bought an R6 about now!!!

10. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

You need to put the "fork lift" stand under the caliper mounts on a 675. The shape is different on the bottom of the fork legs which makes them not level.

You should be able to move the lines out of the way at the bottom of the clamps if using a "head lift" stand.

R/T Performance likes this.
  11. I remembered theres one in the garage so I went and looked. Mine doesn't have any wires down there, BUT there are some wires that run along up above that, beside the headstock thing.

I don't know what they are for, and one of them is actually a USB plug for some damn reason.

But it is completely race prepped, and all unnecessary bullshit has been removed, so those wires are important for something or somebody. Since yours is race prepped, your wires probably are too. I wouldn't go cutting or removing anything, just see if you can move them to the side and secure them with a ziptie.

12. :stupid:

Good point TJ. If you use a regular stand, put it under the flat silver things, don't put it under the forks. The bike will fall over very easily.

13. Captain Morgan

Just talked to the guy who I bought the bike from. He's a member here and bought it off the classifieds here. Super nice guy. He said its a straitor bolted underneath the triples. It's a clean job, he told me I can move it if I want to use a pin lift but have no idea where to move or or where to stretch wires. I'm a chef and not a mechanic. If I don't wan't to go through the trouble of changing things. What's the best standard front stand that will work. I get your guys point of not sticking it right under the forks like a regular jap bike. That's exactly what I was doing!

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Pit bull. Under the calipers. It's what I do for my 12 675. Works perfect. See below for clearer picture.

Attached Files:

15. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

99-02 R6 is the same way. I cut and welded a pin / under fork stand for my R6, and it worked well for my 675 before I swapped the forks.

16. Yep, a regular PitBull fork stand will work. Nothing special needed.

17. Captain Morgan

Thanks, so basically stick it on the calipers and not directly under the forks? Just got back here and am usually by myself at track days. Most of the riders I knew back then have moved on, Money, Marriage, Kids, Getting hurt, realizing your not going to be the next moto gp superstar, ect. Been lost in the Caribbean 12 years, but its nice to be back on the track again. Just need to figure out the little quirks of this bike. Thanks for the help

rugbymook likes this.
  18. SuddenBraking

I use a woodcraft stand directly under the forks and it works perfectly at the track.

Only use the triple for changing the front tire.

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Probaly the rectifier not the stator bolted under there.....

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. SuddenBraking

Definitely the R/R but didn't see the need to correct him :p

BTW OP, what kind of a front end do you have? If the "R" front end, you can support like described above using the calipers but if a "normal" front end (like my poor ass), you'll need to use the fork legs.