1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#66 HWT novice crash @ NSS

Discussion in 'General' started by dan blankenship, May 20, 2003.

1. dan blankenship

dan blankenship Well-Known Member

i just wanted to take a moment to thank those that scraped my ass up at nashville during the national race on sunday. my thanks to the med crew that got me to the hospital in time so that the fine doc's at middle tennesse med center had the chance to save the right arm that i almost lost due to the injuries that i sustained in the wreck. i have many months of recoperation to heal my arm and i still have another surgury to go through to replace the damaged nerves that will allow me to hopefully have a fuctional right hand. also thanks to dr. bad for the visit in the hospital and the fine selection of car and bike mags to help me pass the time between nurse visits.
    also i want to wish a speedy recovery to the rider that tangled up with me, i heard on monday that he had broken his collar bone.
    i had much fun racing with wera for the past two season but this will be the end of the line for me...maybe one day i will see you again as a fan.

2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Damn, I sure hate to hear this about your arm. I never got to thank you for your help at TWS.

Get well soon!

David

3. Boots

Boots Well-Known Member

Glad to to see you in good spirit! Good luck with the PT & OT

4. gypsy99

gypsy99 Well-Known Member

Hey Dan-

Sorry to hear of your injuries and I wish you the speedest of recoveries. Keep us posted on your progress as we all will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Matt Garber
    Nv. #99
    GypsyRacing

5. dan blankenship

hey thank gang. i am going to be working hard to recover fast.

6. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Get well fast!

7. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Yeah, get well soon - and dont make hasty decisions just yet - heal up first.
    Take it easy man, we're thinking of you.:beer:

8. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

Dan,

Sorry to hear of your injuries. I had a spill on the banking Friday morning practice and had surgery for the left hand Friday night. I will be done racing also. What are the odds that track would be such a PITA?

Glad to hear you're ok. Work hard on the recovery. Let me know if you need anything to help with therapy, as I will be doing the same for a while to get back to 100%.

Canaan

9. MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing By Land, Air, and Sea

Sorry to hear about both of your injuries and I wish you both a speedy recovery. get well soon!:)

10. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

hate to about the injuries, but don't count racing out just yet. grant crushed his left arm 2 years ago and the doctors told him he would probably never race again. but, with lots of rehab he made an almost complete recovery and still races now (when we can afford it). just make sure you stick with the rehab and you will be surprised at how the body will heal. good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

11. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

Dan,
    Man that totally sucks. I was hoping we would race each other at least once... Do what I did when my knee doc told me... "Lee, one more knee surgery and it is cadaver parts and no more soccer." and I replied, "You mean one more surgery with Cadaver parts and a new doctor, right?" Hang tough man. You will pull through. Drop me a line sometime. I'll let Tim know too.

Lee

12. dan blankenship

well i went to the plastic surgeon today. i am going to go through surgury again next week or the week after to reattach the nerve in my arm that operates my right hand. after that it will be heal and therapy time till it's all better. doc said that it will be a long time till everything starts to work properly.

13. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

You better come out to the races to keep yourself motivated. No motivation, no progress. Prove the doctors wrong. Many people have done it before, and as stubborn as you are, that shouldn't be a prob. ;) Hang in there bro.

Lee

14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have been looking for your number to call and check on you. I am glad to see your in good spirits. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Derek

15. dan blankenship

well i am going to be in surgury in the morning to reconnect the nerve that was damaged in my right arm, after that it is going to be much hard work in physical therapy.

16. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

heal up quick bro. good luck.:beer:

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Take care Dan. Make sure to let us know how you are doing.

[email protected]

e-mail anytime or call if you need some cheering up

18. AdrenalinePhoto

AdrenalinePhoto Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're doing ok. I just heard this weekend what had happened. Work hard on your PT and we'll see you back in no time. You guys had a great battle going on until the accident. We're here for ya. Steve

19. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

DAN!!!

I can't believe we missed this thread. Renate and I are very sad to hear about your situation. We wish you the most complete recovery possible.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in Houston.

Marcus & Renate

20. Paige II

Paige II Well-Known Member

fast recovery!!!!

dan,

i'm so sorry to hear about your injury!!! you were getting damn fast on that mille!! i know your positive attitued all too well. i am confident that you'll have a very successful recovery. keep us posted. feel free to email me: [email protected].

my thoughts are with you, man. good luck!!

paige