1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600 vs. 750 for track use

Discussion in 'General' started by Slinky001, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Slinky001

Slinky001 Well-Known Member

I am looking for a new bike for next year and was just curious how many have gone from a 600cc of any manufacturer to a newer GSXR 750 and what your opinions are on the change.

Looking for specific likes or dislikes on the change such as handling differences, feel of the extra motor hp from one to the other, etc...

Any and all real world opinions welcome. Not concerned with street usage as it will be a track only situation either way!

Just for reference, I am comming off of a 2006 R6 and am just looking to try something different.

Thanks in advance!
    Brian

2. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

theres a reason everyone touts the 750 as the best all around bike ever made in the history of the world, EVER... its science, u cant refute that...

handels like a 600, but with more power... its a win win. Ive had various differnt bikes... 600 hated life becuase i was too huge for it really, 1000cc was way to powerful, but a nice stock 750 runs like a really built up 600.

we need more 750s.

3. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

I fell in love with the GSXR750's ergonomics and handling on a track test ride but it had too much engine inertia so I bought a GSXR600.

The 750 feels likea 600, not the same as a 600.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I had a 600RR track bike and bought a 750 street bike in June. I made the mistake of riding the 750 for one session at the track. It ran better than the honda did, even with stock suspension and street tires. Poor Honda only got ridden the next day because it was raining and I didn't want to crash the 750. I came home and posted it up for sale on craigslist.