1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5x8 aluminum open trailer-all set up for bikes: NJ

Discussion in 'Other' started by antirich, May 28, 2016.

1. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Selling my 5x8' Cargopro aluminum open cargo trailer that I have set up for two bike travel. Very light weight, capable and versatile, bought new about 5 years ago, always stored in my garage. Used for maybe 6-7 weekend trips a year.

Had the following done:

-TorqueFlex 2500lb lowered axle for very easy loading (also have the stock torqueFlex axle, but is 4" taller)
    -13" wheels, tires in perfect shape. Bearings repacked every year
    -Two Condor strapless front wheel trailer mounts
    -Black aluminum Delta locking tongue box
    -LED rear lights
    -Drilled for two PitBull TRS mounts (center and right side). Mounts not included
    -two perpendicular strips of o-Track mounting tracks on the front, allow various hooks and placement for Condor trailer chocks. Like this: https://www.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/E/M/EM59133_1000.jpg
    -About $150 worth of heavy duty o-track mounting points, loops and bolt fixtures.
    -Custom welded/made pivot aluminum tailgate: allows a full size ramp that folds in half for less wind grad (cost $500 to make!)
    -removable two piece aluminum diamond plate rock guard
    -Class III coupler
    -folding tongue jack bolt on (also have a new welded version, never installed)

Trailer is very light, maybe 350lbs, so very easy to move around while still being able to haul over 2000lbs. Can easily be pulled by any capable sedan.

In the winder time, i'd lift it up to my garage ceiling using an electric winch to get more garage space (photo below)

Have well over $3000 invested in this set up. Have towed two bikes with little issue. No damage, marks or other issues; very reliable and well made. Only selling cause I moved and have no garage space. Selling for $1,600

email at: rich (attt) dragonflyint.com

Only photo i have is below, will take more soon. Located in central jersey, between Trenton and Princeton.

I'll be taking some recent photos, but here are some older ones:

As you can see, very light weight
    [​IMG]

Please excuse the dirty wheels. Was a last minute winter pick up of a neglected Husky rescue.
    [​IMG]

A few months after i bought it, so no rock shield, o-track, tongue box or custom tailgate. But as you can see, fits two bikes fine with the Condors.
    [​IMG]

2. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Any chance of being around Michigan in the near future?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3. antirich

Nope, I live in NJ, and often fly out to California for travels. No mid west travels, and no more racing :-(

Note that the deck is also all aluminum, not wood like many others.

Also note that a standard EZ up fits perfectly in the back area through the sides; less tiedowns and acts as a little piece of mind behind the rear tires.

4. globber99

globber99 Active Member

I live in jersey, but im only looking to spend $500 on a trailer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Chango

Chango Something clever!

If you still have this in July, I will hold my nose and find a way to get out to New Jersey.

6. antirich

Forgot to mention, you can see in the first photo that the ramp is folded in two. Unfolds easily to make a full size ramp, or, you can remove the second half and still have a low enough angle for most full fairing sportbikes.

Also, the new lower axle I added has adapter plates for brakes. Not like it needs them, but just in case. The original, taller axle (included) doesn't have them. Both are 2500lb torque flex axles.

7. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Good seller. He keeps his stuff in really nice shape. Free bump

8. antirich

Some updated picts:

Here's the tailgate/ramp in full extended mode:
    [​IMG]

Here is is folded down for less wind drag:

[​IMG]

Front tool box and folding jack stand
    [​IMG]

Track system with just some of the various attachment items I purchased (have many more). Threaded pieces are used for hte Condor Chocks, and all can be re positioned along the tracks.
    [​IMG]

Comes with a big ol box of various stainless and zic plated bolts, as well as a new in box snatch block.
    [​IMG]

9. antirich

Price lowered to $1500

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

NJ and PA tolls would add a solid $100 to getting this to MI...

11. antirich

I-80 has no tolls across PA, and no tolls to cross over to NJ. I live near the boarder of PA; I-95 bridge has always been free for me.

12. KCLARK

KCLARK Well-Known Member

Yeah same goes for me coming from MD, bunch of tolls to get up there. Im going to watch this thread to see if the price drops, and if so, I will be on my way up to get it with cash in hand. Im sort of desperate for a trailer right now as my first track day is coming up in July 10th.

13. antirich

You might be best to look for a steel trailer if you want something under $1000, aluminum in itself is just more expensive. Here's an example of a stock no modification basic 5x8 aluminum trailer ($2100)

https://www.trailersuperstore.com/shop/atc-5-8-utility-trailer-all-aluminum

Might be able to get one with a wood deck for under 1.8K. Region has a lot to do with prices.

All aluminum means much less weight, no paint chipping, and zero rust. You get what you pay for.

Also keep in mind that I added:

-Tailgate modification to fold it in two: $500
    -Delta Pro aluminum tongue box: $350
    -Two cargo trac channels: $90
    -Assortment of cargo attachments for trac system: $100
    -Two Condor Motorcycle Chocks: $330
    -Lowered Torq Flex Axle w/brake mounts: $290 installed
    -Diamond Plate rock guard (removable): $90

14. attack636

attack636 Well-Known Member

still for sale? if so send me a tex 3212005013

15. antirich