1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

53% club

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Mblashfield, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Who's in??

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Right HERE!

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

W00T!! :rock:

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

47% Vodka?

[​IMG]

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'm the OTHER kinda 1%er...

[​IMG]

6. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

You know what is funny about that? Most 1% I've ever known, fall into the 47% category. Fight the man, but don't mess with my benefits.

7. G.Irish

G.Irish Well-Known Member

Well, I have to think most of the people here make enough money to be liable for income tax, but don't make so much money that they can live totally on investment income. Only people on here who probably wouldn't be paying income tax are retirees, students, minors, and active duty military.

8. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Think again!

9. G.Irish

Are you saying the majority of people on the beeb are low income or that the majority are living off interest from their investments?

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Or they're in the Hookers `n' Blow biz...

11. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I thought I was one of them 1%'er that those occupy wall st. hippies were all against. Well into the 53% club. maybe it's time to get some stickers and t-shirts made up.

12. ...or those lucky enough to work in foreign countries, with foreign tax liability...that is paid by their employer on their behalf.

13. Sacko DougK

What makes you think retirees, students, minor, and active duty military do not pay income taxes?

I paid income taxes when I was a teen, when I was on active duty, when I was a full-time student, and I pay income taxes on my military retirement.

14. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Clarification....
    You need to take the tax code and the deductions that are available into account. Some are paying no income taxes at all. Actually there are some that are actually getting money from the gubment/taxpaers. This does not include the ones you mentioned above.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

16. G.Irish

Not everyone in those groups has no income tax liability, just saying that if you were someone with no tax liability, you might fall into one of those groups. I've worked from high school all through college but I didn't make enough money to pay income tax. And to clarify, I thought active duty (and reserve/NG) don't pay taxes when they're deployed?

As far as retirees that depends on how their retirement plan was set up.

17. Sacko DougK

Income earned in a declared tax free zone is not taxed. Tax free zones are usually hostile fire or imminent danger areas. Othe then that, all "pay" is taxed, even while deployed. Also depending on the state, income tax for that state is collected.

For retiree's true, it does depend. Depending on the type of program, at some point and time there is a tax liability, either on the front end or the back end.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Probably a whole lot of people from your immediate family are part of the 47%....

19. Sacko DougK

Who me? A few yes, but they are distant cousins. Actually, the biggest was a former brother-in-law. He usually didn't like coming to our family events as he was a huge pro-union guy, disabled vet who gamed the system to get every dime he possibly could, demanded benefits, and was a vote up and down the democratic ticket regardless of who was running. In fact, he never knew anything about the individual he voted for and couldn't tell you anything about them except they were democrats. Thank marriage of my sisters didn't last too long, thank god.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I didn't necessarily meant you (feeling oppressed again? :D) but 47% is a lot of people. I'm pretty sure you're missing one or two you're privy to their tax situation...