1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$5.69 a gallon

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Putting around town in a beat down Civic or on my bike, getting no less than 40mpg...I can't help but giggle at all of these people using massive SUV's, trucks, and cars that get less than 8mpg as daily drivers.

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I don't know any "daily driver" SUV or trucks that get 8 or less MPG's.

Secondly I giggle at people that think because they drive a 40mpg shit box they are not going to be affected by gas prices. Everything people buy is moved by machines that burn fuel.......let me know how that works out for you.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I have to agree with you. Lots of young money around here and the roads were clogged with "look at my shiny land yacht". Not as much of that anymore. The image obsession has bitten them in the ass in a major way. Fine with me because I like cars I can see around when I'm on my bike riding past the gas station.:D

5. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Been working out pretty damn well for me, because even though the price of fuel and other goods are going up, I'm spending less money than others on gas to go the same distance. Hurts my pocket much less. :up:

6. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

+1

This made me laugh, too.

7. vance

vance *

federal fuel tax percentages haven't gone up since 1993?:confused:
    All of us are about to pay up, bitches. It's the patriotic thing to do. That's a huge revenue loss right there... Now this is a tax we can all agree on, right? I like me some use taxes.:D

8. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Federal fuel tax is not a percentage, yet, it's so much per gallon. Eventually there will be a tax per mile driven...just wait.

9. vance

vance *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_taxes_in_the_United_States
    Ahh, correct. It's a flat rate, not adjusted by the rising cost.:up:
    I misspoke. Anyway, they needs to get busy adjusting that!:rolleyes:

10. Scootimus

Scootimus Well-Known Member

You wanna see a high price per gallon, go rent a car and return it without filling it! Then you'd gladly pay $5.69 a gallon!

11. Jixxer Josh

Jixxer Josh TEX The LED Guy!!

That place is right near the airport and do not have their prices posted anywhere accept on the pump. I was there last month eating at the Wendy's that is part of the same building as said gas station and walked out by the pumps warning people they were paying WAY to much for gas. Most people didn't even pay attention to the price until it was to late.

12. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Today my 1989 Honda NX250 got 108 mpg on my 30 mile test loop. The bike is lowered, geared taller and has clip ons but is basically stock. Next month it gets a good roadracing fairing and a 15t cs sprocket....

13. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

oh crud

at what point in time do you get pissed that the prices of fuel are based upon really, really crappy US energy policies?

The public is being played as fools by multiple governments and so called 'ecologists'

14. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Shame price gouging laws only apply during a state of emergency.

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Most states gas taxes go by percentages...so when the gas prices go up, the DOT gets a windfall. The governor loves it, it's a silent tax that can't be blamed on him. :down:

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Thanks to Bush and all his oil cronies..........oh wait.....:D

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I don't believe any state uses a percentage.

http://www.minnesotagasprices.com/USA_Tax_Map.aspx

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Most use a mix of excise and sales tax, so part is set rate per gallon, part is percentage based. I know GA used to be much cheaper than SC. When gas first went over $2, that reversed. SC is more heavily in the set cost per gallon. GA adjusts a portion based on cost per gallon.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Stop it. You are going to confuse people with logic and common sense.

Anyone who thinks that the increased cost of energy isnt going to affect them needs to pull their head out of their ass. There is nothing funny about a short sighted idealistic energy policy that is dragging down the economy.

20. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

Rhode Island has been talking about it for a couple of years now!