1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.56... sold out everywhere?

Discussion in 'General' started by Clay, Jun 18, 2020.

1. I do know they blast well through a coyote.

2. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I thought that might be your answer. Just remember to plan for a 3-dimensional firefight.

Planning: check
    Accuracy: eh...

predator-shooting-in-all-directions.jpg

3. DmanSlam

Speaking of ammo purchases, I'm selling 16ga ammo I no longer use. I have 125 rounds of brand, new 16GA buckshot # 4 (2.75 shells).

4. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Who is your backorder with? Bear Creek Arsenal has 3 or 4 16 inch in stock.

roy826ex likes this.
  5. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Get BIG ziplok bag when doing the detents for the take down pins. I have sent quite a few flying across the living room or garage assembling mine.

And use a carburator screw driver (think small and narrow) to hold the detent in place while you slide the take down pin in place.

Kev59 likes this.
  6. I always have back up plans :)

DmanSlam likes this.
  7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

radical firearms out of texas. They’re not a middle man operation orders are built by order.

8. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I use a single edge razor blade like the ones in a utility knife. Lots of surface area , thin and strong.
    Note: I take it out of the utility knife , put a mag fixture in the vise and place lower so that front hole is pointing up. Put in spring then use needle nose to start plunger and compress with blade. Real easy and haven’t had a spring take off yet knock wood

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

From what I've heard, BCA is bottom of the barrel. I went against that advice and bought a 16" barrel from them anyways. Its a cheaply($75) and long range accuracy isn't its purpose, so I took a chance. Well I discovered it has a bad chamber last night when I was checking headspace. There is a .050" long ridge(damaged reamer or hardspot in the steel, I assume) right before the shoulder that prevents a found from properly headspacing. We'll see how their customer service/warranty department is.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That sounds like some oddball ammo!

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

omatter34 likes this.
  12. Going to have to try that, I usually just keep a bunch of spare parts around as I usually don’t have any bags :)

13. DmanSlam

Not for a 16ga shotgun though.

969 likes this.
  14. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I have 2 BCA barrels, one Grendel, one 5.56. Yes, they have a probably well deserved rep, but damned if both don't shoot pretty good, and function 100%.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I hear they have a good Rep when it comes to customer service/warranty. The barrel I received looks well machined, save for the chamber issue. If I had an old 223 reamer laying around, I could just clean it up by hand. I wouldn't use a good reamer on it though, because it could be a hardspot in the steel. A $75 barrel isn't worth ruining a $175 reamer.

16. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Im surprised that no one mentioned SGAmmo...live inventory with decent prices and fast shipping.

terminus est likes this.
  17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I have source for really cheap 5.56 ammo....its practically free....all you need for a few years.

[​IMG]

:D

18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Plenty of places sell Radical uppers. My 1st one was through them, took 4 months. Got the rest of my RF uppers from Primary Arms and the .450bm one from Opticsplanet.

BTW the last ammo I would think of running through an AR is Frontier. They had a bunch of bad batches causing ka-booms.

19. jamespierce

jamespierce Well-Known Member

On it.

Attached Files:

Wingnut likes this.
  20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Bump:D Who’s buying cheap and stacking deep? I know I’m going to sound like a psa fanboy, but we’ve been shooting a ton of their AAC brand 556 and it good stuff for us. It’s available every couple days around 7.99 per box:rock: