1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.5 inch rim in place of a 6.0??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by murf, Apr 4, 2006.

1. murf

murf Well-Known Member

Hello all, just wondering if you can use a 04 gsxr600 rear rim (5.5 inch) on a 03 gsxr1000? I measured between the distance between the swingarm spars (where the axle goes) abd there is a small difference of about 1/8 inch between the 600 and 1000 swingarms. I put the 600 rim on the 1000 and it seems to have bolted on ok?????
    Thanks for your help.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You can, but use the sprocket hub spacer for the 1000, (the outer left spacer, there is just about 1mm diff. from the 600/750 to the 1000) the swingarm width is the same for all the GSX-R's.

Why are you doing this?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  3. murf

murf Well-Known Member

Hi, thanks for the info. I did measure a small difference between the two swingarms however.
    The reason is I just have different parts from gixxers sitting around and I thought I'd try and use them in a bit of a hybrid.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The diff in the swingarms is just flex, but you want to the 1000 spacer if you have it.
    I used an 04 1000 swingarm on our 02-600 FX bike last year with 6.25 rear wheel, so I understand mix and match..:)