1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5/12/14 summit point cbr250r

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by noliver90, May 13, 2014.

1. noliver90

noliver90 Well-Known Member

I was able to get my 250 completed in time for summit. It was my first time ever riding a 250 usually I race a 600. But it was a blast to drive.... I went to the trackday the Friday before to get the hang of the lil bugger. Unfortunately I was the only 250. I tried to hang with two KTM 690 during clubman but I was no match for them off the line and on the straights. I am going to cycle jam so I am hoping to see some racers there!

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

good on ya!!! I gave up on the "ESS" idea when I saw lack of participation at summit last year.i think the class would still be a lot of fun,but with enough racers to actually have some battles happen. but again,good job.

3. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

There should be a pretty good turn out at Cycle Jam in ESS. See you there.

4. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Yes, cycle jam is going to be a blast on the 250. We will also be racing the 500 in DSS and Clubman! Can't wait!

5. noliver90

I know last year they did not run a ESS class for Sunday...what class do you normally run?

6. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

ESS, DSS, CLubman, and V5 if there is a vintage day. Oh, and if you are a glutton for punishment, LWTSolo.

7. noliver90

You can run a newer 250 in V5?

8. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Yes, they are allowed.

9. Red Fox Racing

Cycle Jam tentative schedule looks like V5 on Friday, ESS, DSS and Clubman on Saturday. national classes on Sunday.

10. noliver90

What class would a 250 run for the national? Formula 3? I looked in the rulebook and did not see anything related to what the classification for F3 is...

11. Red Fox Racing

You will have to get an answer from Sean on that one. Bike is NOT competitive at all in F3. If we get a big turn out, they usually give ESS it's own race, you could then enter DSB.

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Funny, I was on the front 690 doing everything I could to keep up with the other cats on the straights in Clubman. Nothing about 15 more HP and some aerodynamics couldn't fix :D

Good on ya for being out there :up:

13. JasonTKS

JasonTKS 2013 CBR250R

I won't be on the track this year, but my CBR250R should be out there for ESS next year at a race or two. I've seen your videos on YouTube. My goal is just to not get lapped by you. If I accomplish that, I'll be happy!

14. noliver90

Awesome! I hope more ppl start to join! If the attendance is like it is this year next year will be my last year on the 250