1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

48th Annual WERA Grand National Finals

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is going to be a bit piecemeal as I remember more to post but to start schedule is up here - http://www.wera.com/pdfs/eventschedule/gnfsched2020.pdf and pre entry is open.

Due to track rental increases we had to increase the fees, it sucks but it hopefully will be just enough to offset what we're paying. First entry went up $10, 2nd and 3rd went up $5 each so if you run 3 or more classes it's only $20 more.

Pre entry fees are - $125 1st, $105 2nd and 3rd, $100 for anything after that per series.

AMA Road Race Grand Championship pre entry will open next Tuesday at noon so everyone has an equal shot at grid spots.

Grids for ALL 1000 Superbike Expert and 600 Superbike Expert classes in all the series will be done by the practice times from the second round of practice the morning of that race. 600 classes will only use times from the 600 Expert practice and 1000's from the Open Expert practice. No other classes will be gridded on times. They will all be points for WERA stuff as usual and entry order for AMA RRGC stuff.

I'll post the link to the letter of intent for the Horizon Award when I track it down but for now other RRGC info is here - http://www.wera.com/schedule/gnf.asp?x=1098

Rider crew gate fee is $40 and as of now cash only. Spectator tickets will be sold Saturday and Sunday.

Camping and power are the usual $25 each.

That's it for now, stay tuned as I get more caffeine poured in me for more info....

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

We can assume the endurance grid will be based upon the endurance practice times as before?

Do endurance teams have to pay for Thursday morning practice, and if so, how much is it?

Thanks

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes the grid will be based on practice times - from the 30 minute endurance practice which is included with the entry like normal. If you want more practice you can run the morning sessions, it's $85 a bike.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

5. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

So Sportsman races are on Friday? Then National races are both Sat and Sun? First time attending the GNF so just trying to understand this.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not exactly, check out the schedule. Friday is Sportsman and Vintage yes but the rest of the Sportsman races are on Saturday along with some National classes and some AMA classes. All Sportsman/Vintage are done by the end of Saturday barring any major issues.

7. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Looks like V6MW is back for GNF but was eliminated during the year.

8. bugeye

bugeye Well-Known Member

What are the parameters for being able to enter races and can you enter the endurance if you'd only run the ULW previously or been on a LWT team for a round ? Thanks

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

As a non morning person I'm loving the 11:30 endurance practice

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Typo.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sportsman - you must have run the class during the year to run it at the GNF. Vintage and National are open to anyone with a WERA license, AMAM RRGC is open to anyone with any valid license.

Endurance is open to anyone - however we won't be allowing ULW machines to run LW.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hush. I have to do the other ones too :p

13. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Would that be noon tomorrow, Eastern time, for AMA stuff?

14. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Did I win? =)

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, Dave Yaakov beat you :crackup:

16. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

lol

I'm pretty sure that the same thing happened last year. They win everything!! :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She definitely inherited dads speed :D

18. bugeye

bugeye Well-Known Member

Will N2 be having a trackday Wednesday before GNF?

19. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, Porsche has the day.