1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 Hour VS. 6 Hour

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by raceon2, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

The thing that suprised me and it really shouldnt have, is just how fast these guys are. Being ready doesnt do justice until you are out there and see them for yourselves. And for a guy outta shape like me it was nice even in a 4 hour to have a full team. Plus if anything should happen it gives you extra hands in the paddock. But thats my 2 cents...Good luck youll love it.

2. RacerX88

RacerX88 Well-Known Member

I kinda wanted to Solo it :up:

3. Racer773

Racer773 Backmarker

Entirely doable if you have two capable and willing riders. I just finished my first 2 endurance races. While we had 3 riders for both 6 hour events I ran 2:45 total tracktime in the first race and 3:15 of the second race. I was tired and sore but felt that it was a great experience. I learned more about my and the bike's capabilities by riding those last sessions when I was tired and the rear tire was sliding around than I would from an entire season of sprint racing.

Not only are these guys fast - they are consistent. The top riders are turning consistent lap times the entire race. My times fell off 1.9 seconds on average in my second stint and another 3 seconds in the final stint. Clearly I've got work to do in the ability to hold a consistent pace...

George

4. HD1911

HD1911 Johnny Rocket

thanks for the responses guys. I am in good physical shape but not in great riding shape (haven't been on the track since last October).

So i guess all that seat time while racing will teach me a thing or two :)

But yeah as DnR4everus mentioned above, I guess it would be smarter for us as a team to have more than 2 riders incase unexpected fatigue sets in or something else unforeseen happens.

Thanks for the advice.