1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd day track tires?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ninja250Rider, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Ninja250Rider

Ninja250Rider Dad's Little Hooligan

I've done 2 trackdays on a set of bridgestone 002's (soft), the first one was at barbers and i really wasnt pushing it to hard cause i was my first time on a 600. Then the next time was at VIR and i only got about 4 or 5 fairly hard runs on them, the first 2 sessions were really slow cause the track was soaked. I dont have any tire warmers so im sure ive lost a lot of its 'stickyness' compound. Now i'm going to be do a track day at Hallet which i hear is very rough. it will probably be in the high 80's low 90's. Now do you think i should be fine or should i take it easy? Any advice would be great...thanks :beer:

2. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

What i found with the B stones is this.

After the amount of laps you have run they just won't hold the grip as long.

For instance, it will take a lap for them to heat.....then you will get four good laps before they begin to slide a little. The more you wear them out the shorter that interval will get at a hard pace.

Mine have never just given out, the are predictable. You will be fine just don't stay out real long stints if its hot.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

All that plus the amount of cycles they have gone through because you do not have tire warmers makes it even worse. 2ยข