1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 Hours of Daytona

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 29, 2021.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

A couple of recent F1 drivers entered: Kevin Magnussen and Robert Kubica.
    It'll be interesting to see how they do

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

One of my former employees uncle won it a few years back. His name is Peter Mann. Dude owns a couple of ex Formula one Ferraris and is the president of the Ferraris of France Club.

Razr likes this.
  4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Kamui Kobayashi is going for 3 straight overall victories I believe.

5. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I'll be watching from home this year as I have to work today. I had to roll my ticket over to next year. Just as well seeing how there will be no infield.

6. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

10 former F1 drivers in the race. Some serious talent on track this weekend!

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Impressive list.
    I drank a beer with a former winner a few months ago, Mark Dismore, I was watching a friend's son racing a kart at Mark's track. Won it in 1993 in Dan Gurney's All American Racers Toyota. He's 65 years old and still out there every weekend running his kart track. The event I was at was their first race under a new portable lighting system.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Crash before they've even gone 1/2 a lap. Unbelievable

9. tiggen

Man am I tired of Diffey going on and on about all the stars from F1, Indy, and NASCAR. What about IMSA drivers? What about GTD teams? They've never said a thing about LMP2, and now LMP3 is getting the same silent treatment. As a driver, I'm not really interested in watching racing. As a fan, I'm interested in hearing the human stories. The IMSA STORIES. /rant

10. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Imagine taking a shot every time they mentioned Chase Elliott. Guaranteed to have liver failure before the first hour was over.

TurboBlew, rd400racer, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  11. tiggen

Been watching this GTD battle for the last 4 hours. Getting tasty!

12. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

No infield? I camped there this weekend. The infield was full. Not crazy like a normal years, but still.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

This is bananas how close this is at this point.... so exciting!

14. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

IMSA is onto something having it be this close throughout this late for a non-spec series.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh my God. I'd look for a cliff to jump off...

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm sorry. This happened two minutes after I turned on the race. My apologies. Changing channels so maybe you can salvage something.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Yup, it's called a Full Course Yellow.

18. Not a bad race if your name is Taylor, Overall for WTR and class win with JT in the Corvette. If you get bored Jordan Taylor has some funny social media.

19. tiggen

Yeah, I was pretty pissed when I got the video from my buddy going up in the ferris wheel. I must have misread the email fromt he speedway. Oh well, I had to work anyway. Hope you enjoyed the nice weather!

20. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I went to the "Roar Before the 24" the weekend before. It was a shock. There were maybe 3-4 times as many people there as last year. It seemed even worse because a bunch of areas were roped off (Covid?). It looks like this is becoming a big event on it's own. With all the Covid restrictions, I opted to skip going to the actual race weekend this year.

It was a fun race, though. Watched a lot of it on TV (kind of in the background). Got the full 24 with no breaks by watching it on IMSA TV with a VPN.