1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2300 miles through the state of Florida in 6 days

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Nov 29, 2019.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

In late November on thanksgiving, sounds like a great idea!

and it was!! Key westbound down the west coast outta MS and back up the east coast was the plan. We completely pinned it. Duval St knows we came and went two full nights. Credit cards were lost, blood was in the beds and in the walls the next mornings. Bikes were dropped, uber and lyft drivers hate our types. Motels love us they up charge everything.

strip clubs are over rated, booze is good even if it’s over priced times 3. Riding a motorcycle is the ultimate therapy no matter how one feels. Retrieving a flyaway tank bag on I95 north of Miami in 3 lanes of 5 o’clock traffic takes real skill not to get run over.

South Beach Miami sucks in motorcycle boots and aerostitch. Traffic in Florida a day before thanksgiving is horrible, I’d even leave as a visitor on a plane! 50 miles in 3 hours, really happened!! Glad I was on the DCT Honda. The triumph riders not so lucky lol

We had a good time. I did the whirl wind trip 10 years ago but hit a deer in MS 2 miles from my driveway but still made the trip afterwards. This time that didn’t happen. I want to thank Valentine1 for making and absolutely necessity item for living in Florida. We had mine and another one on the trip and they sniffed out all the bad guys looking to ambush us.

I’d post pictures but after a 700 mile haul to the house I can’t figure out this budget website. Lost my photo bucket account recently, yea fuck those bastards!

2. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Lol sounds like a good time...I think.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy826ex likes this.
  3. roy826ex

upload_2019-11-29_18-54-3.jpeg

Gino230 likes this.
  4. roy826ex

upload_2019-11-29_18-55-23.jpeg upload_2019-11-29_18-55-23.jpeg

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

roy826ex likes this.
  6. roy826ex

D28978F3-593F-42A6-87FD-CC569C85FA5C.jpeg D28978F3-593F-42A6-87FD-CC569C85FA5C.jpeg

K51000 likes this.
  7. roy826ex

Haha GoPro capture

look at my head and look at what direction it’s pointed :crackup:only in key west

upload_2019-11-29_19-3-47.jpeg

Dragginass, Gino230 and Newyork like this.
  8. roy826ex

24260C43-8DD5-4756-BA55-1ADA488380D9.jpeg Sunrise Thursday morning in Daytona, yes I was the only one able to get up this early. And I was the oldest on this trip by 12 years lol some can go the distance and some Don’t even try :D

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Nice, and I'm glad the weather has been on the cool side for ya!!

R1M370 likes this.
  10. roy826ex

much appreciated, needed the stitch to leave this cold wet ass place at 46 and drizzling. Wore the stitch the whole way with heated grips and heated gear up to Tampa. Then went just stitch fully vented no heat. Still had the stitch on when we arrived in key west. It was brutal leaving two day’s later with it on up through Miami Beach but got better further north we went. I’ve crashed so many motorcycles I’d rather have it on me than on the back seat though.

much needed when I rolled in last night at 52 degrees here in the ssissipi hole.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  11. roy826ex

Iron man of the trip was my British friend who rode his street triple triumph there and back with no heated gear of any kind. It was his tank bag that went flying on I95. Awesome guy though and fun as hell to hang out and ride with.

His street triple in one of the hotel parking garages.

Attached Files:

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This thread is epic as fk. Bravo my man.

K51000 and roy826ex like this.
  13. roy826ex

thanks man

wish I’d had a way to get in touch but it was a fly by I’m just now even remembering through the pictures and video lol

we took Florida on and won! The carnage amongst us was deep, 2 credit cards lost, my eye glasses completely messed up in some kinda fall twice I’m told. Busted up elbow and no it was not riding related. Two hotel rooms trashed with skittles every damn where, one guy with a $80 vending machine sweet tooth bill. $500 bar tabs no one remembered. A kickstand that didn’t make it down at a gas stop and a dropped street triple. The tank bag deal on I95 was epic stupidity. We all had Cardo headsets. So we heard heavy breathers, shit talking, radar alerts and plenty of BS. By day 6 we were about ready to kill each other. I personally needed an IV it got so bad. Very close to death that one day, thank god I ride an automatic motorcycle.

moral of all this is surround yourself with people of similar fun living lifestyles and leave it out all on the table! You only live once and there is no guarantee your getting up tomorrow.

K51000, ducnut, Newyork and 2 others like this.
  14. roy826ex

Mfucking Honda for my non-believing types! Burned no oil, leaked nothing, 43 mpg on the overall trip and was gas and go throughout. Cannot wait for the 2020 Africa Twin to come available. I’m ready for cruise, TFT dash, car play, on board navigation. And to transfer my ohlins suspension to it. Give us bike riders what you’re capable of big H.

Ormond Beach, Florida late late and we are about to close this place down! Tipsy Taco A1A, shrimp soft shell tacos were awesome. beer was ice cold. Waitress was very pleasing on the eyes at that hour.

Attached Files:

K51000, ducnut and Mran556 like this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Damn good thread!

roy826ex likes this.
  16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Next time let me know when you're passing through! Sounds like you were not stopping for shit, though!

roy826ex likes this.
  17. roy826ex

Haha sure thing but yea we didn’t stop or slow down for much. Beautiful state without all the traffic.;)

Gino230 likes this.
  18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Very nice. Glad you made it "safely."

I've used a 'Stich for 35 years and more than 1MM miles - 3 continents, Southernmost point to the Arctic to Cabo and one Baja 1000. They ain't perfect, but they do it all pretty damn well. I'm a believer. I've also had great success out of my Hondas.

Ride on.

Cheers,

Dave

cpettit and roy826ex like this.
  19. roy826ex

I’m on 20 years with stitch. Two Roadcrafter one piece suits and their jacket with Darien pants. The tan RC on this trip is brand new. I was due a new one anything other than a black one. Love the khaki classic RC suit. It’s awesome. I run full back pad and hip pads in it plus all the pads that come stock with it. I love it so much sleeping side of the road in it is not out of the equation with me if alone traveling. It’s my second skin while riding.

I prefer the RC one piece classic model over everything they sell.

83BSA likes this.