1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'23/24 NHL Hockey

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Oct 10, 2023.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I watched some of both games and the kid looks pretty good compared to the last few 1st rounders. Plus his mom is hot:D

2. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Like #13 :D. I wonder if Hughes would be this good if Les Rangers got him. Seems there's something missing developing young talent there.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  3. rd400racer

Yeah, Laffy is a total bust. I'm still holding out hope with Kakko but this is the year he needs to show up. They'd have fucked up Hughes too. I watched the draft pick day of Hughes and Kakko and thought for sure we got the better end of the deal. Wrong again!

4. rwdfun

rwdfun

I sure wish the Rangers would’ve gotten Hughes. Then I wouldn’t have to listen the ESPN crew blowing him during this 2nd intermission.

rd400racer likes this.
  5. knedragon29

He actually went +2 last nite ! I want the kid to do good but he just doesn't show any urgency for a long span of games. Kinda like Krieder, disappears for long spans. I think he was like -50 in pre-season:crackup:. Like you I'm waiting on Kakko and Heetle.

rd400racer likes this.
  6. rd400racer

And I was out with the guys last night so I didn't watch the game, and they win. I should be going to the game tomorrow against the Jackets because that's the closest arena besides Nashville for us. But of course they jack the tickets price when it's the Rangers playing, and I'm not paying dumb money to go to Columbus (they do have a nice facility though).

knedragon29 likes this.
  7. knedragon29

They do the same here in South Florida , small market team good seats $75-100 each . Big market $250 + for same seats

8. rd400racer

I didn't know that was a thing. I don't recall them doing that 7-8 years ago when I went to a lot of games in Nashville and Columbus.

9. knedragon29

Trying to survive, I'm shocked they haven't added parking to the tickets here yet. Most people park at the mall across the street and walk over to save $50. They make that harder now by making the walk longer diverting you certain ways. (Bastards get you coming and going) Small market team in town and the place is empty (and they played so so all year). Even when the Rangers/Habs/DaaaTwaa/Pens etc show up its still not like it was. I'd say 75-90% full

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Caps were painful to watch last night. They sucked bocce balls.

11. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

What the heck is going on with Corey Perry and the Blackhawks?

12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

rumor is he banged the rookies Mom. Caused a rift in the locker room.

13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Kane to Detroit should be interesting. And the stupid Wild fired their coach for some reason and got a retread replacement, it wasn’t his fault that they can’t afford a good team. Hopefully the new guy can figure it out.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  14. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Hines was mostly shit in NJ and Nashville. Just what the Wild needs...a coach who has no idea how to win a playoff game. Geurin has no one to blame but himself with those stupid buyouts...

CRA_Fizzer and R1Racer99 like this.
  15. R1Racer99

I agree with most of that except that he didn’t sign those shitty contracts, not sure why he hired this guy but I’m happy with Geurin otherwise. Once those contracts go away we’ll be good hopefully.

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Nah you’re dead wrong…was shit faced drunk in Columbus and missed team meetings etc that’s why they can’t say much, drugs/alcohol use is not an open topic for discussion.

17. E-Van

E-Van Well-Known Member

Doesn’t seem like it would take much “investigation” to determine he didn’t show up for team meetings.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  18. R1Racer99

There has to be more to it to get his contract terminated. I’m wondering where the drinking/team meeting thing came from, I haven’t read that anywhere. I wonder if he’s done for good now.

19. jeff92

jeff92 Active Member

They didnt pay him 4 million just to let him go over a drunken night or missed meeting.

Local rumor is an affair with someone on the PR staff which resulted in a pregnancy. Supposedly she got let go as well.
    A lot of verbiage in the press release about professional and safe work environment. I imagine it'll get out eventually.

Either way, good riddance.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Red Wings @ Rangers tonight should prove to be most interesting.

rd400racer likes this.