1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

205mph Kid Posts on BBS

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by thrak410, Sep 24, 2004.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

2. PaperROCKScisr

PaperROCKScisr Active Member

205 mph on an RC51.

Reading anything past that nonsense is a waste of time.

3. uhh

Well first off if the person on the F4i had any balls, and a decent running bike would have ran right with and probably past that RC anyway. We all new once it was mentioned it was a RC51 that the mph probably weren't right unless some major mods whether it be nitro/turbo'd it wasn't going to get those numbers. Shoot even Honda's RC race bikes if I remember right were barely in the 190's at Daytona in the draft. Anyway, I'm tired of hearing about it lol

4. Re: uhh

No balls because he wasn't doing a top speed run with his buddy?

5. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Actually I think the guy was being sarcastic and saying that the cops were full of crap and exaggerated his speed.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  6. racer212

racer212 Well-Known Member

Hmm...

I think the guy got the shaft from the cops, but unless he get's somebody with real knowledge to help him out, he's totally cooked.

Clocking somebody with a stopwatch might work for timing a guy who is running 20mph over or so, but when you starting playing with big speed numbers, the margin of error is just WAY to much.

I also think it would be funny to be the pilot of the Cessna, watching that bike move two your speed on ground.

7. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

I think the 205 thing is pretty cool, but it pales in comparison to Mladin blowing the tire on RA's backstretch or Ben Spies sliding after his Daytona crash at 186 mph. Now, those dudes have got cojones.

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You'll threadjack any thread just to mention Mladin, won't you? :Poke:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Re: Hmm...

How's he getting shafted? The Steakhead was going well over 150 mph on PUBLIC ROADS. He did the crime now he gets to do the time (or pay the fine).
    Was he doing 205 mph? Almost definitely no. Was he putting his life and others' lives in danger? Yes.

F@ck him. I'll mail him some smokes while he's in jail.

10. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

ROTFLMAO! Darrin, you suck! :D

Mladin rules!

11. dtalbott

You have that backwards, Bruce. It should be:

Mladin, you suck!

Darrin rules!

12. ash174

ash174 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Hmm...

Like you have never hauled ass on your bike? If you actually happen to have one.............hmmm............ :Poke:

Anyway have a nice day

13. dtalbott

Re: Re: Re: Hmm...

That's funny. He should use that for his defense:

"Everybody else does it; I'm just the one that got caught."

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I am so sick of this story I could :Puke:

15. ash174

ash174 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmm...

Well, it's the truth, but I really don't think that that line would work.

16. dtalbott

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmm...

Agreed.

17. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

The kid is a total dipshit. He maxed his RC51 out during an event called "The Flood Run" which is a ride in Southern Minnesota to raise money for charity. Mainly Harleys but a few sportbikes and 'Wings and stuff. That's why the helicopters were there. The media is all over this and while that is a given, it still sucks.

Facts:

He was going waaay over the limit.

The "seasoned" cop in the helicopter made an error in judgement, but is sticking to his story that the kid was going 205.

The dumb shit didn't have a motorcycle license.

The bikes were impounded, but returned later in the day.

This whole debacle leaves yet another scar in the face for those who ride sportbikes on the street. Throw the book at him.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Re: Re: Re: Hmm...

Does it matter? If I have I haven't been caught. If I was caught I didn't whine like a little bitch about it.

He should just step up and take his punishment instead of trying to weasel his way out.

Thank you and come again.

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Agreed!!:Puke:

20. ash174

ash174 Well-Known Member

I'm going to leave it at this and go back to lurk mode for a few months.

He has done something really stupid and deserves to be punished, but there are people on here and other sites that think they have never done something stupid on their sport bike. So if you're perfect, then you can flame away, but if you're not, you have no right to flame anybody.

No ill will intended