1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2022 WERA MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 20, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Gives the rest of us a reason to come back ;)

BigBird and sbk1198 like this.
  2. Quicktoy

The rider in front took out the rider behind? Ok lol.

Sudowoodo and sbk1198 like this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

ok, fine. Racing incident. More accurately, what I was thinking is, that I didn't think he'd be involved in a racing incident that took out the championship leader. Didn't mean to imply that he took out Q directly, but see now that's how I typed it.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Damn! Those are some good picks. You probably just won this round, or close to it. I didn't even get top 2 right. Had them right up until the last lap! :(

Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I mean, MM clearly took Fabio out. Just because he was in front doesn't mean he gets to swerve right and chop the throttle...........sure, it's a racing incident, but he took him out.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He what?! o_O

Damn, on my TV, he lost the rear and got ass-packed. :D

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Not like MM doesnt have a history of doing stupid shit to factory yamaha title contenders...

Phl218 likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

True. He's been known to grab their leg and kick himself with it. :D

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Did that switch zap you?
    If that had been Rossi, folks would be lionizing him for going from 13th to 6th in three corners and saving a highside. :beer:

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

All I know is I was watching with older, non-racing family staying with us, and my heart was in my throat while Taka was on the track. I absolutely thought I was forcing them to watch something horrible with their coffee this morning.

Edit: and shame Fabio ended Marc's race so early. He did have a great charge :crackup:

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Let me rephrase that - MM's actions are the reason Fabio didn't finish the race. I can see how using the phrase "took him out" would cause some confusion; that was a poor choice of words on my part.

It's akin to someone catching a false neutral in front of you exiting a corner and you asspacking them..........yeah, you asspacked them but their fuckup caused the situation. At the end of the day it's a bit of "who cares" as it's a racing incident and the stewards aren't getting involved, but it's a shame Fabio's day ended early.

12. Quicktoy

Uhm. What race were you watching? Honest question because Marc was clearly on the line and his traction control button glitched and that rear snapped sideways. When it did, Fabio drilled him.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. sbk1198

Same on my TV. Maybe he has one of those fancy curved TV's and on those it looks different o_O

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. sbk1198

Right, exactly. And pretty sure it's no different in MotoGP than in club racing orgs, track days, and street traffic...it's the person behind that's responsible. He didn't have to be that close to Marc directly behind him just in case something like that happens, but that's the risk you take in racing. Of course I'm partial to that as I have been rear-ended by someone who decided it was a good idea to stay directly behind me going into the braking zone at the end of a straightaway and misjudge the braking, but I digress...

Nevertheless, Marquez gave a full explanation of what happened on that first lap, and he did apologize to both Fabio and Taka, even though he was mostly just along for the ride, not really his fault directly.

Quicktoy, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  15. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

114 nice! Results are posted I see now - congratulations Dan!

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Congrats to you too. I'm well out of the battle for the podium this year, but its nice to win something :D.

Seeing the cactus take some stuffing out of the bird in 3rd was nice too :D.

Quicktoy, IronCactus and Sudowoodo like this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

damn.

congrats. nice score considering the drop-outs and all.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Help out the spectators!

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

OK Papa. Results though 15 rounds:
    Race winner(s) vfrket and DanDubeau with a quite impressive score of 114 points.

1. ironcactus
    2. dsapsis
    3. ironcactus/BigBird (tie)
    4. Lightswitch
    5. vfrket
    6. gixxer1100
    7. motorkas/badmoon (tie)
    8. thedirector46
    9. chino52405
    10. vfrket
    11. badmoon
    12. dsapsis
    13. SuddenBraking
    14. Sudowoodo
    15. vfrket/DanDubeau (tie)

Top ten

Overall Standings:

Player Name Season Points
    #1 vfrket 1445
    #2 dsapsis 1436
    #3 bigbird 1423
    #4 ironcactus 1407
    #5 lightswitch 1399
    #6 phl218 1389
    #7 gixxer1100 1379
    #8 quicktoy 1365
    #9 chino52405 1357
    #10 dandubeau 1352

On to Motegi in a short few days. Fabio now has two riders in striking distance of retaking the championship lead. How will he respond? Bring it.

HPPT likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like the Quartararo crash has thrown a lifeline to second and third places. With less of an incentive to "let" Pecco win races, the finishing order of the Ducatis becomes less predictable as we saw yesterday. A few of those five-point swings and things can turn around pretty unexpectedly.