1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Tesla Model S.....

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Jan 27, 2021.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Bro, the time it took you to type that, you could have checked their website. I was posting the specs because it blows the Taycan (Tesla killer) and most, if not all ice cars out of the water.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Actually, that's almost exactly what I did. 504 miles from PA to Raliegh NC. Got in about 10pm, filled the gas tank. 6 hours later after a short snooze and back in and off to home. 24 hours door to door and 1014 miles on 2 tanks of gas. 70 to 75 mph most of the way (avg about 60 due to pee and coffee stops) with Sirius, heat, wipers and lights......Let me know when an EV can do that for a $38k car.......

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

March 2021 deliveries. Plaid+ is over $139,000 and is supposed to get more 0-60 runs at max performance out of a charge than the previous model.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Cant afford that on my serf-like salary.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I laugh at the folks that say: "It isn't as good as my car is a X." Well yeah, it isn't trying to complete with your F350, Grand Cherokee, or Honda Fit. You don't compare a Goldwing to a ZX-10 to a KLR650 do you? If you compare it to other $140k supercars, it kicks their ass in performance, which is the cool part.

As to refueling time, few folks are taking supercars on long trips. Folks that buy a Plaid+ will likely already have ICE vehicles if they want to drive over 500 miles in a go. It is likely many of them would fly if going over 700 or so miles anyway. With my apologies in advance for anyone on here that takes their LaFerrari on 8 hour plus drives.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Meh. We all know that an electric can accellerate hard. That does not change the fact that they are bland, soulless expensive MILF cruisers for people with a fair bit of money that want to drive around on a 4 wheel virtue signaling billboard...

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You don't need a plaid+ or even a plaid to do that. Would you prefer they just offer Leafs, Bolts and maybe Model 3s? I am glad folks are making high performance electric cars, as it pushes the envelope to see what is possible. Electric cars won't get better by just making electric base model sedans, and electric cars are coming if you like it or not, so why not have the best that can be made?

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

It’s good to see that this Tesla thread won’t devolve into every other Tesla thread.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Not gonna lie, if the cyber truck was released at the first price, specs, and rendering that I saw a couple years ago, I'd probably already have a deposit on one.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Bring on the EV Hummer!

In all reality, I thought GM was supposed to leak that Hybrid pickup they had lurking in the background at CES. I'm down for a pickup that gets 30mpg. I car swapped with a friend with a Tesla a few years ago and enjoyed the experience of having it for a month. Though there were some quirks revolving around charging efficiently that soiled things at the start. For me, cars are just an appliance anyway. So while slamming passengers heads back was giggle inducing, I didn't really care how it handled. This is a forum for enthusiasts of track motorcycles, which isn't 98 percent of the regular population who doesn't about the soul of a car. So it's to be expected that not everyone is going to be pumped about it. Some of ya'll still mad about carbs going away.

scottn likes this.
  11. redtailracing

People talk about motorcycles on here? :confused::D

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

VFR#52 and Ducti89 like this.
  13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

OK, I forgot the "look at rich old me driving the $140k virtue signaling billboard" factor. :D

Why you gotta single me out?:crackup:
    Fuel injection is evil. The only bike that ever hurt me bad enough that I could not ride again in a couple days was a modern 600 with the devil parts. It just doesn't deliver the smooth tractable power that big cams, high compression and Mikuni RS's are capable of.:D

shakazulu12 likes this.
  14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Call me when Tesla finally makes a car that leak, either letting rain in, or dumping condensate all over the floor.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

What I find funny is people who love to talk shit on a man who’s sole motivation is just to make the world a better place for humanity as a whole and is actually making it happen with MULTIPLE projects. lot of fucking hatorate up in this bitch

pscook likes this.
  16. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

You can say that again. You would think we would "buy American"....

JBraun likes this.
  17. 178SV

178SV now retired...

It takes 15-30 minutes at a supercharger to pump 200 miles into the battery when it's low. At home it will charge fully every night so you're full in the morning. Amazing that you guys base your arguments on 20 year old rumors. Do corvettes get their EPA mileage on the track?

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

If memory serves (I was greatly into MPGs when I drove a TDI VW), only diesel engines got anything approaching their advertised MPG in real world settings (and often beat them).

19. redtailracing

Well we know why your VW did...:crackup:

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Well shit, good intentions mask all sins?! SWEET!