1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep, winning the 4th one is the toughest.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Have you been watching these games? I've seldom witnessed a meltdown this bad. Y'all know I bleed Rangers blue but damn, they're being outplayed in every facet of the game, and I think it comes down to playoff experience. Pretty bad when you can't beat a 3rd string journeyman goalie considering there's a Vezina winner in the other net. And all of the Rangers studs have been no-shows in this series. Sorry, I have zero faith at this moment.

Ducati89 likes this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Go Pens!!!

BHP41 likes this.
  4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Pens were slumping most of March/April, I'm equally surprised that they're ahead in the series.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Just horrible effort (not sure pitts is that good )since the crap call in the first game it seems . I should say the effort was there saturday nite with the come back as well but when they tied it up they pretty much quit(like they were playing for the tie) . Last night no gap control what so ever and how many goals are the Pens gonna score behind them . Zib was a bad signing and Bread is soft as can be . You are in the shooting lane and make a pass in a non shooting lane on a $14.00 /hr goalie . Fox has to be hurt or Lindgren really covers for him that much . I know Igor is made of glass but I didn't think mentally as well . Amazing how important face offs are , did we win maybe 3-4 the whole series ? The kid line looks good , keep em together and give them 20 + mins tomorrow nite .

6. rd400racer

Yeah, you probably heard me screaming "shoot the puck!" every time Panarin touches it. For years the Rangers have always felt the need to make that one extra pass that isn't necessary. Face offs...they've sucked all year. You think that would be the first drill run with the centers every practice. And where in the hell is Reaves?! I'm with you, I think there's injuries to a variety of players that we don't know about. And the Pens fans totally got in Shesty's head. Basically, they're just a soft team and soft teams don't advance. Agreed on the kid's; give them a go, what can it hurt?

Honestly, I think we all got our expectations up too high this season. In October the prediction was maybe a wild card team. I've really enjoyed this year, which makes it even harder to see them go down like this.

Ducati89 likes this.
  7. rice r0cket

Reaves is an ex-Penguin, maybe feeling some nostalgia.

iirc they took a gamble on him, and when Vegas picked him up in the expansion draft, he got a huge pay bump.

rd400racer likes this.
  8. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

I feel bad for the Rangers. They had a roll going. Pens just have a more disciplined approach and the Ranger attack seems to spread out. Not enough of 5 men up, 5 men back. Ugh.

Panfers are clawing their way back against a good Caps team. Although I wonder if the league will discipline Oshie for the hit last night on Bennet.

Avs are stomping the Preds. No need to go further there.

Oilers are giving it to the Kings but I think the black and silver will be more resilient than the Rangers.

Havent seen much of the Tampa/Leafs series. It does appear that the Toronto faithful probably threatened the entire team just before the ploffs started to not get swept.

Watching the Flames/Stars game 4 now. Stars have done a good job of keeping Tkachuk and that first line under control. Calgary has been lacking the 5 men up 5 men back hustle i was used to seeing during the regular season.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The Bruins clawed their way back to even from 0-2 so there's that.
    Tampa is on the rise since the first 2 games also but.......the Leafs came to play this time around.

10. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

The NHL better go back to their old playoff format, this is just stupid. My team is the Wild, they were the 2nd best team in the conference and 5th best in the league this year. With this bullshit format we have to play the Blues in the first round who only had two less points than us, and the winner has to play the best team in the league. I know there are teams in the East in the same boat. You’d think they’d want the best teams making it further into the playoffs. Oh well, going to game 5 tonight, pretty sure the winner will take the series because they’re so close so hopefully it’ll be a good game.

11. Ducati89

Huh?? You do realize that all of the ploff teams are VERY strong.
    Everyone is in the same boat. Wild arent doing bad but Jesus man, look at the talent of all the teams in the ploffs.

Just watched the Calgary game. Man, the Stars looked tired. Calgary beat them to the boards and hustled all game. At one point the Stars got stuck with a 5 minute shift in their zone.

Props to Oettinger for being the player of the game for the Stars. 54 shots is confirmation that Stars were just flat outplayed that game.

12. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ as a Stars fan that game got more and more difficult to watch as it went on. Like watching the Titanic sink. It was inevitable that Jake couldn't hold out against the shooting onslaught. And we did look tired. And after that really long shift, tired didn't really describe it. Calgary just outworked us.

Ducati89 likes this.
  13. rice r0cket

No Western conference teams are allowed to complain after they all got free rides the playoffs for years.

Ducati89 likes this.
  14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

There’s a reason all sports try to pair up the best against the worst in the first round of the playoffs. Not only do you want the best teams at the end but there should be a payoff for busting your ass all season to get a good record. This new format penalizes teams who happen to be in a good division.

15. Ducati89

What if all the teams in your division are good?

Look man, theres quality hockey happening here and Im not sure youre in tune with whats unfolding. The Wild are good. But I fear they dont have the depth.

And it aint 90s hockey depth with a score line and an enforcer line. Its 4 full lines each designed with a purpose with the removal of the 2 line pass. Before you could left wing lock yourself a victory with an above average team. Those days are gone, brother. Your 4 lines better hustle up, hustle back and be smart.

lee955i likes this.
  16. Ducati89

@rd400racer You better a give good pep talk at MSG right now. Gallant isnt getting the message through.

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Go Avs!

18. rd400racer

Well it's one weird game so far...we shall see:D

19. Ducati89

That was a crap game. Offensive zone entry was sloppy. Shersyorykin left massive rebounds and over committed on angles. Usual Ranger heroes are not making an impact. That must change to advance.

20. rd400racer