1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Favre beat the Pats 35-21 in the Superbowl in '97. Pats didn't win one until 2002. (Brady).
    Drew got his ring when Brady took over and HE was the back-up before being traded to Buffalo.

joec likes this.
  2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The Packers beat the Patriots, but lost the next year to the Broncos.

joec likes this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Heard a rumor a few days ago about the Colts talking to Carson Wentz.....I sure hope not. Eagles can keep him.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, you can have him. We will move his furniture for you.

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

At least the Colts didn't get Haskins. Wanna trade? :D

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Bummer

8. Sabre699

RIP.....Coach.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

Damn....I completely completely forgot that!! Derp

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210211-111306_Messages.jpg
    I was fortunate enough to be at the game. GF is a huge Bucs fan and we go to games every year. Last year when the SB got switched from L.A. to Tampa, we talked about going down just to experience the vibe around town, never imagining the Bucs would actually be playing in the game. Then comes March and they sign Tom Brady. As someone who watches this team closely, they honestly were only a QB and some discipline away from being a contender. I remember texting Lisa the moment I heard about his signing and joking about the Bucs playing at home in the SB. We were at the last game of the season where they beat Atlanta to lock up the #5 seed. That game was critical because it sent them to D.C. to play the hapless "Football Team" in the first round. I told her how unlikely it was they could win three straight road games, but we still planned to go back to Tampa either way. We rooted for the Rams in hopes of getting the NFC title game in Tampa instead of them having to play in Green Bay. No such luck. Then they go to GB in what must have felt like a spring day to the locals with sun and temps in the mid 30s. Boom, another win and SB bound. We booked flights and then decided to go to the game. Once in a lifetime deal to see them in the SB in their home stadium/town.
    Unfortunately, the overall experience was dampened by Kung Flu restrictions by the NFL, but even with limited attendance and mitigation efforts around town it was still fun. She had a blast and has this memory forever to drown out the last 20ish years of failure since they were last relevant under Gruden.

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And one more thing to add to the Brady/GOAT conversation. Don't underestimate what he brings to a team with regards to winning attitude, experience and knowledge. He's been there and the players around him respect that and listen. The difference between the 2019 Bucs and the 2020 Bucs was more than just more efficient QB play. Watching this years team, they were far more disciplined down the stretch. Lack of pre snap penalties and personal fouls type garbage made a huge difference. That coupled to his winning attitude and influence on the play calling adds up. He's one of the best from a footaball I.Q. perspective. In my opinion, Peyton Manning may be the only one smarter pre snap and they both are known for a crazy work ethic. Brady reportedly shows up to the practice facility at 5:30am every day. That stuff rubs off at least a little on his teammates.
    I'm an Eagles fan, so was always sorta neutral on Brady. Appreciated his greatness, but not really a fan, but what he did this year was just insanely over the top. That said, they won that game Sunday because of Todd Bowles and the defense. They were able to strangle an offense while only rushing 4 all night. I think they only blitzed once or twice, which allowed the coverage to hold up and Tyreek and Kelce didn't kill them like last time.
    Rematch possible I guess.
    Since my Eagles will likely suck next year, Go Bucs I guess.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Sabre699

You guys got to witness a TB12 firsthand.

Spang308 likes this.