1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Nissan Altima help.

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Jun 24, 2023.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I have a 2019 Altima AWD with the 2.5l. I only drive it every now and then since I am on the road all the time. I got the code P0447 and P0448 , so I changed both evap solenoids (the one under the hood and the one at the carbon canister). The check engine light still comes on and when I scan the car it shows both codes as historic not active or pending. How can I clear the damn light so that it doesn’t come on anymore? I hat the torque app on my head unit, and I can clear them when I first start my car, but the light comes back on when I restart the car. How can I permanently clear the damn code?

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Some codes require driving 100 miles or some other arbitrary amount to ensure the fault has cleared. I ran into that recently with a lean code that took almost exactly 100mi for the system to flip back to clear/ready state.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Check basic ODBII data. Look up the drive cycle procedure. You likely haven't met the requirements yet to pass a readiness test.

backcountryme likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My sister has one of those and every time I turn around I'm replacing some dang sensor on it for her. Which is weird because she works from home and the thing rarely moves.

Still pretty good the thing is dead nuts reliable and solid otherwise. Neat little car.

5. HookieRooker

HookieRooker Active Member

Disconnect both battery terminals and touch them together. Or go to an auto parts store and ask them to clear it for you, let them know that you replaced the faulty parts.

6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Mine is 6 years old with 120k miles and it needs a new transmission…Nissan put those junk cvt’s in it and want me to pay $6000 to replace it!