1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 NFL Bold Predictions

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was just reading a linked article from BigBlueView.com to the Eagles fan site about Foles, and the comments about him if he joined the Giants and the hatred for the Giants, I was like damn....ya'll crazy.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Yup. Nuts. I don't think Foles ends up in NY, but it would be positively sad to see him get booed by Philly fans being the only QB to deliver the goods in the Super Bowl era.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Spang308

I don't live in Philly and rarely go to games. Just a sofa fan, but I know how crazy they are.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They did have to build a jail in the stadium. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Philly is the king of sports nuts. I used to go to 76ers games back when they had Dr J and Charles Barkley. Almost got arrested too. Had beer thrown on me and my son by a jerk. When I jacked him up and was about to flatten him the cops showed up. Fortunately the crowd around me told the cops the truth and they hauled him off instead of me....close one.:beer: My son (25 years later) still gets a laugh about it.

MachineR1 and BigBird like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

what jersey were you wearing?

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Foles needs to come to the Jags. ;)

8. Spang308

I think that's a likely spot for him. He's definitely proved himself capable of being a starter.
    I like the guy. I wish he could stay in Philly...as the starter. Not sold on Wentz.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I predict that this meme will still be funny as hell.

[​IMG]

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I don't understand that meme. The guy has been to nine Super Bowls, winning six of them. Perhaps there's some aspect of it that comforts those angry at his success.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  11. Spang308

Because it represents one of his losses last year to the Eagles on a nearly identical play to the now famous Philly Special that the Eagles executed perfectly and Foles actually caught the ball for a TD.
    I love Brady and respect the Pats accomplishments, but that meme is funny...even if a year removed from it happening and their recent win.

12. Spang308

While the football thread is back on front page news...I watched some of the AAF football games this weekend. They were entertaining and the play was good. Lots of guys I recognized from their college days trying to get a chance to get back to the NFL. Worth checking out if you're bored on a snowy Sunday. They are airing on CBS Sports and the NFL Network.

ChuckS likes this.
  13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Watched it myself because there was pretty much nothing else on and I concur.. It was fun to watch. I saw that the premier NBA game had a 2.2 rating yesterday while the AAF game at the same time had a 2.1. Not bad (or does NBA suck that bad:D).

14. Spang308

I have zero interest in the NBA, so I'm the wrong guy to ask as far as comparisons, but I thought the AAF games were well played and were NFL caliber for the most part. It helps that it is a joint venture with the NFL in an effort to get some guys that got cut back to NFL level or undrafted guys a second chance to get coached and display their talent.
    Unlike the Arena, XFL and other competing leagues, this was played to NFL rules and not a total WWF type sideshow.
    Only change from NFL rules that I noticed is teams must go for 2 point conversion instead of extra point kick.
    I'll watch again.

BigBird likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Brown sign Kareem Hunt....they may be one of the AFC Favorites next year

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

All-time
    Felony
    Convictions?

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Just when the Browns were making progress, they go down the lessons not learned road by bringing in a trouble maker and distraction into the Browns locker room. :(

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think all will be forgotten by week 3 if they start off 2-0

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Then brought all back up if he so much as sneezes in the wrong direction.

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Kyler Murray is headed to the NFL, not so sure about a 5'-9" QB.