1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Keystone Carbon/Pitbull TRS

Discussion in 'Other' started by Kasler Loyd, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Kasler Loyd

Kasler Loyd Well-Known Member

We are in the process of getting the Carbon 35 toy hauler for the 2018 season. My dealer has no clue what thickness the floor is so I can put a Pit Bull TRS in. Anyone have one that knows or similar floor plan? I contacted keystone but only got what the whole thickness was with the guards that hold the insulation up is. Trying to order the correct bolt length for the TRS. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I have a 2017 Keystone Fuzion Impact 303 Toy Hauler (34 1/2' tow behind) and the floor thickness in the garage area is 1" thick plywood. The MAJOR concern here though is to be VERY CAREFUL if/when you drill through the floor to mount the TRS that you don't drill into the onboard fuel tank that is mounted up under the garage area of the T.H.......that is if you have a fuel tank under there for the toys. I would check very closely to make sure that something like that doesn't ruin your day. I have a friend that was going to do the same thing as you are wanting to do and the location that he wanted to put the Pit Bulls would have involved dropping the fuel cell down and out of the way, then drilling/mounting the TRS plates and then putting the fuel cell back up, which would be a fairly big job with the electrical and hoses involved.

3. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

In other words.... Start from the bottom up... or outside in...with relation to drilling holes...

4. Kasler Loyd

I might just wait to order the TRS until we get it in the driveway then. Was really just hoping to order early since Tally is on the 17th and we get to take her home the 10th. Never thought about the fuel tank. Our Carbon is fully loaded so... did not think about that one. Appreciate it!

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Just get the correct length bolts from your local hardware store. I got the correct length bolts in the same zinc-plated type finish that PitBull uses on their metals from Ace Hardware. Mounted up perfectly to the provided plate and nuts they supply. However, I made a custom plate that would integrate with my l-track, so I needed a much shorter bolt than Pitbull bad available.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Phl218 likes this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ill swing by the plant next week and ask. Benefit of my day job. :D

7. Kasler Loyd

That would be very helpful!

8. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

If it’s one inch you an use 1.25in lag bolts with a small pilot hole.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If they are still building it do you think it's possible to get the plates over to them and have them pre-mounted before they throw the fuel tank up?

10. Kasler Loyd

It’s already been built. It’s just new. [emoji18]

11. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

My ‘13 Raptor had a good 6-8” of room between floor and tanks. Had to contort myself to reach them but it was doable. Hopefully yours is the same.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Didn't get a chance to stop by the plant last week.
    Just left there and floor sure looks like 1" osb/engineered wood.

13. r1crusher

r1crusher Active Member

We have an '18 Carbon 33 and I'm going to be installing a TRS as well. I've not had an opportunity to get to work on it yet to get all the small stuff installed. I'll be watching this thread for an answer as well unless I beat you to installing mine. If that happens I'll report back but I'm weeks from even getting to do anything with it.

14. r1crusher

r1crusher Active Member

Well...I finally had time to get some work done on our '18 Carbon 33. If you haven't taken delivery of your trailer yet I can tell you that there was LOTS of room under the garage area and NOTHING was in the way near the rear. The fuel tank is mounted forward very close to the axles on ours and I'd suspect the 35 is exactly the same just 2' more garage space. Also the garage area isn't enclosed like the main living area so nothing to take down to access the bottom of the floor.

You will have absolutely no issues installing as many TRS systems as you'd like. Hope you enjoy your Carbon...I know we have.

Boman Forklift likes this.