1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Vintage Rules Ideas

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So have some suggestions that have been made and want input.

V6MW - for the FZR600's and the like. The stuff just before the F2/F3 era - maybe even original Hurricanes? Basically current V6 age with C Super level rules. I'm going to do this and see what happens but want input on rule specifics if need be.

V4 - any reason not to allow the Secas to bolt on parts form other Yamahas and go to 600-650cc? I think they had another steel frame machine too. Shouldn't change the current class winners but I'm not sure.

V5 - Allow the FJ1100. Granted we don't have many if any real V5 bikes running right now and hoping this may get them to come back out if there's stuff to run with.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

V4 - Seca with twin shock but not the single shock Seca2. Seca2 had several other developments and wouldn't be fair for that class.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah twin shock for sure. That and I'm good without the SecaII - hate waiting for them to quit smoking right before they blow up :D

yamageezer, JBall and 50Joe like this.
  4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Simplify them
    V OS- Old guys on Slow bikes
    V OF - Old guys on Fast bikes
    V-?? - Guys under 40 who obviously entered the wrong class
    V- Unlimited - Guys who paid someone else to work on there old bike

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Sounds a lot like the modern stuff too :D

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

In for V-OF

7. notbostrom

If Mongo runs with this I'm in for V-OF and V- OS

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Then I also vote for a V-OP class. Vintage Old Paraplegic. :)

5axis and Stumpy like this.
  9. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

I'm in for VO? for old guys who aren't sure what is going on

10. notbostrom

You get no special treatment. Other than a push start I suspect you are still faster than me.

cajun636, Stumpy and 50Joe like this.
  11. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

V-4 Pre-88 water cooled DOHC twins up to 250cc. In the commentary of eligible machines add "Ninja 250 up thru "F" model having carburetors and 16 inch wheels" Currently many ninja 250 runs in V-5 under the EX500 language. This would move the older ones back one category where they would not be so hopelessly handicapped. V-4 is a very under used class now and could use some more entries. Note: the original Ninja 250 in the US were 1986-87 "E" models. "F" model ran through 2007.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Vintage classes aren't really a place for the handful of 250's like that though, it was my way of keeping them out of the LW solos...

13. notbostrom

Good fit for V-OS though

14. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

v4 could definitely use more bikes

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I would like to add that I think the idea of old 16" wheel 250s in V4 has merit, V4 is terribly empty right now. Don't want them in the solos just put them on the exclusion list.

rk97 likes this.
  16. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Don't increase Seca displacement in V4. The 550 already dominates the class when run. You want to totally eliminate the class? Make 650CC Seca's legal. Just my $0.02.

Cheers,

Dave

Duck150 likes this.
  17. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I agree with Dave... 650 way to much for V-4 ... 550 is a very fast bike...

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have a 550 seca and don't see a good reason to allow bigger. Are you suggesting allowing me to bolt an fj or FZ 600 into the Seca frame or using an FZ crank and cylinders in Seca cases? Bolting in a 600 engine would be cheaper than rebuilding a 550, but I still don't see the point. An FZ can just run in V6 anyway.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More to allow bolting on replacement parts on the top end - cylinders and such. It would still need to be the seca cases and the like. You can't just drop an FZ motor in the chassis.

I'm trying to get more bikes out there basically.

20. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

The v- 4 rules are fine... Changing a rule for 1 bike or person will drive out others...