1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 R6 Rotor Sensor Bolt Size

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ursusmajor, Jul 7, 2020.

1. ursusmajor

ursusmajor Member

I recently bought a spare rear wheel for my primary race bike and have been finishing it out (rear brake disc, bearings, etc...). I've got it almost ready but the only thing I'm missing are the bolts to attach the rotor sensor.

As many of us know, OEM parts have pretty long lead times right now so I'd like to just buy bolts of the same size as opposed to waiting for the parts dealers to ship me the bolts. I've been going through the schematics for the rear wheel on the various OEM parts sites but they don't list the bolt size or thread pitch.

If anyone knows the size, I would appreciate it if you could let me know. The bolt in question is Yamaha part number 90149-05030-00 (used to be 90149-05029-00) as here: https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/yam/58cbf51987a8660fc45e52e5/rear-wheel - Number 10 in the list.

Thanks in advance!

2. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Head to Ace Hardware with the wheel and do some test fitting if it doesn’t pan out asking on here.

3. ursusmajor

ursusmajor Member

Yup - that's probably the best bet. I was a little worried about guessing wrong on the thread pitch (these are OZ wheels) so I didn't wanna mess up the tapped aluminium bolt holes but I suppose I can just be careful.

Thanks!

4. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

That is not going to be a common bolt that you can find at a hardware store.
    That will have a shoulder between the thread and the bolt head and also a low head on it.
    Can you get something from Ace? Yeah maybe, a bolt and some washers.......should you?

5. ursusmajor

ursusmajor Member

Yeah I'm with ya that Ace might not be the best place but it would tell me the thread pitch. I don't have access to my bike for the next couple of weeks or I would pull a bolt off the OZ wheel on it currently to get specs/pitch. I know you're right that there's definitely a low-profile head but it *might* not be any lower than your standard button-head socket cap screw in the same size. If I recall correctly, I don't think there's a shoulder but there certainly could be though... In any case I appreciate the response.

6. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

If you have weeks to go why not just order the correct parts?
    I have not had more than a week's delay on any of my recent orders
    from ron ayers and honda east.

7. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

ursusmajor likes this.
  8. ursusmajor

ursusmajor Member