1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 MotoGP Valencia Test

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Nov 14, 2016.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I look at data all day. That's what the data says. How can I help you look at the data? :)

3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I wasn't really serious, just trying to fire up the Valiban❤️❤️❤️

4. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

There was still an hour+ left and I heard Harris commenting "does he need to go out again?" meaning that the track was cooling and probably no one could beat his (Viñales) time and I was like "it's practice ,they're meant to go round it's not quali!"

Phl218 likes this.
  5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Just making an observation. 3 riders wearing D-Air this year have had broken backs. - Fact.

Like I said, not a knock on the suit. It was just something that stood out to me.

Safety has come a long long way for sure and it's only getting better. This is why I asked the question, does the D-Air suits replace the standard back protector?

BigBird likes this.
  6. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

I'm glad to see MV in Yamaha blue.... :clap:

Anyone else think he looks like a young Nicky Hayden?? :confused:

And this has to burn JLo.... :eek:

7. Valentino Rossi, Italy (Yamaha), 1:30.709

8. Jorge Lorenzo, Spain (Ducati), 1:30.744

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Jorge is on a completely different bike than anything he has ridden in 9 seasons, Rossi is on the same bike he basically raced all season. I doubt he's bothered. Come to think about it, I doubt he's bothered that Maverick took his bike with which he dominated the weekend and put up a lap time slower than he did on it.

JustaNobody likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

I don't think 0:00.035 bother him AT ALL

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

over a 1000 lap race and that's 35 seconds ... of course it matters :D

Phl218 likes this.
  10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Who won the track day ?? I was busy at work yesterday.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd be very curious to see how each landed and if they were hit by the bike as well as the type of broken back.

There has been talk of some the inflatables and the foam collar stuff actually keeping the helmet too solid helping transfer impact that would have had some dissipation with the helmet moving sideways being transferred more straight through the helmet to the neck/spine. Not sure of the facts surrounding the talk but it is an interesting thought.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

the guy on the last race winners' ride

13. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

We should start a pool to see when the first public meltdown of Rossi/Viñales occurs. I'm thinking Maverick bests him all preseason and Rossi starts crying by Qatar.

JustaNobody and Phl218 like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rossi does well at Qatar, maybe near the end of the 2nd race a drop kick might happen

throwdown likes this.
  15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

It's gotta sting a bit to finally rid yourself of Lorenzo only to be replaced by Lorenzo.

WANABE RACER and BigBird like this.
  16. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

No. MV will actually win more than 3 times.

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I know we were just treated to one of the most genuinely exciting seasons in recent memory (despite Marquez not being seriously contested), but hot-damn am I pumped for 2017.

I'm all aboard the Vinales train........seems like the minor Yamaha performance boost over the already-competent Suzuki is all he needed, and I expect he'll be fighting for race wins all season long.

If the pointy-end of the grid can stay healthy and minimize crashes/mechanicals, we could see an even bigger spectacle in 2017.

turbulence and Phl218 like this.
  18. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member