1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by DrewLamTBD, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DrewLamTBD

DrewLamTBD Member

Asking $8,000

8400 miles. Salvage title. Runs and drives great! Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes, ABS, auto-blip, traction control, wheelie control, and lots of other goodies.

Swingarm spool on the left side is broken off, light scuff on the muffler; otherwise, this bike is beautiful!

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to see the bike.

Bike is located in suburban Detroit, MI.

Link for pictures:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dx38yhcfj54szfs/AACAGFJJX2-G330aE5SoP3N2a?dl=0

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

When you refer to 'auto-blip', i believe youre referring to just the quickshifter function when upshifting.

'Auto blip' refers to clutchless downshifting. Those didnt come out til the '17 tuono and rsv4.

3. DrewLamTBD

DrewLamTBD Member

I understand the difference between quick shifting and auto-blip. I just ran the VIN again, it is a 2016. I have ridden this bike and it does, in fact, have auto-blip downshifting.

4. gapman789

No it doesn't. Unless it's an aftermarket auto-blipper.
    You're just banging downshifts without the clutch and without an auto blipper? That can't be good.

I have a '16 Tuono and a '13 RSV4 btw. I'm kinda hip to the Aprilias. At least i think i am.

code3ryder likes this.
  5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Gapman is correct coming from another Aprilia loyalist. Autoblip was not available until 17+ for the Tuonos & RSV4's

gapman789 likes this.
  6. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Yeah. Unless there's an IRC kit fitted, 16s don't have that. Looking at that shift sensor. That's standard pre autoblip aprc shift sensor right there. i.e. No revmatch downshift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Tim Dobbertin

Tim Dobbertin Well-Known Member

So how long have you been riding it? Want to know how many times you've forced downshifts thinking it was autoblip.

MachineR1 and snikwad like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

You can still blip via wrist which is debated as actually being easier on the gears vs clutching.

But just like that sans blipper... hmmm...

K51000 likes this.
  9. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've banged upshifts and downshifts on various sport and dirt bikes for nearly 4 decades with just a blip of the wrist, and have yet to damage any gears.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. gapman789

Sure....but banging downshifts while assuming you have an auto blipper?...good luck with that.

If that were the case, then why is there such a thing as an auto blip? Cant imagine mfgs spending the r&d on something that is less effective thsn just high rpm clutchlesss downshifts.Whats next, red limiters are useless? :)

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Blip comes from doung it by hand... rev matching... even more with straight cut gears

12. gapman789

Right. So dude thought he had an auto blipper and was not blipping with his wrist. That aint good. Thats my point.

Ive been 'blipping' since '93 when i first stsrted racing.

Im huying an 18 rsv4 but not gor the blipper or the tft dash....moreso for the extra power and improved top end.

Tim Dobbertin and Phl218 like this.