1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016.5 Thor Outlaw 29H Toy Hauler with 2014 Rubicon X Lifted TOAD

Discussion in 'Other' started by TurnOne1, Jan 30, 2018.

1. TurnOne1

TurnOne1 Well-Known Member

Combo package for $99K. Motor home clean and clear title in hand. Outlaw $70K. Jeep $35K. Buy both for $99K and get the tow setup too.
    More details on RV here. https://www.rvtrader.com/…/2016-Thor-Motor-Coach-OUTLAW-29H…

Chocks setup to hold full size sport bike.

Pictures here:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskvkCZkA

RV Details:

2016.5 Outlaw 29h. 6 Speed Automatic. Every option from Thor. Additional upgrades after purchase. . I have all original books, CDs, Manuals, remotes, etc. Currently winterized. Fresh E450 oil change less than 100 mile ago. Fresh oil change on the generator less than 2 hours ago. Comes with spares. Clean and Clear title in hand.

Many standard features including:
    Onan 4K generator
    3 burner propane cook top
    Propane Heat
    Convection microwave
    13.5K BTU AC and separate 5K BTU for garage
    Heated mirrors
    8000 lb hitch
    Auto transfer switch from shore power to generator or back
    DVD player and two 32” TV’s and optional exterior TV
    Huge 16’ power awning with LED strip lighting
    Manual awning for back patio/ramp door
    Refrigerator/Freezer
    Hot water heater
    Dual 12V ‘house’ batteries that can be connected to the E450 starting battery with the touch of a button
    Back up camera, Screen mirroring, Blue Tooth connection
    Outside hot/cold shower
    Big bathroom with stand up hot/cold shower, toilet, sink and large medicine cabinet
    Water filter
    Big slide out pantry and lots of cabinets
    Black tank flush
    Rapid Camp system with remote
    1000 watt inverter
    Double Sink

Factory Options: $7600
    32” Exterior TV ($675)
    Fully Automatic Leveling Jacks ($3600)
    Power Driver’s Seat ($600)
    Holding Tank Heat Pads ($100)
    12V Fans in Kitchen and Overcab bunk ($375)
    2 Opposing bench seats/bed in garage ($1950)
    Bug screen for garage ($300)

Upgrades: Custom shelf to store Honda 2K generator (generator not included)
    Pit Posse 445 Aluminum work station/cabinet with double paper towel roll holder ($140)
    Pit Posse 465 Aluminum tie down hanging rack ($23)
    3 Pit Posse 2911 24” Hidden wheel chocks in floor and extra floor anchors ($150)
    Easily fit 1 extra wide motorcycle, 2 normal or 3 smaller motorcycles. Golf Cart
    5 Gallon water cooler strapped to the garage with additional strap for the bottles
    Upgraded TV mount for Overcab bunk to allow easier access
    LED Reverse Lights
    Custom steel rails for two large black/yellow rigid containers for storage under the garage
    10 gallon fuel cell with separate fuel pump ($100)
    VIAIR 2.5 Gallon air compressor and continuous duty rated air compressor w/ VIAIR pressure regulator and 50’ retractable Zilla hose reel ($500)
    Blow out plug makes winterizing a cinch with the on board air
    Water pressure regulator to ensure your city water supply is safe for your RV
    3 speed fan for garage overhead vent
    Digital ammeters wired to the house batteries to monitor amps/watts/voltage. One for charge and one for discharge
    Fold away cup holders
    2017 Model 29H Stereo
    Lippert Black Tank Vent
    2 Memory Foam Mattresses

Jeep Details
    :
    2014 Rubicon X Edition (Same as Hard Rock & 10th Anniversary) 2 Door w/ Factory Hard top with Freedom top panels.
    This thing is more than loaded, it has every single option available from the factory and many more added later. Over $12500 spent on upgrades after it left the factory!
    All maintenance completed on time or early. Full synthetic oil changes every 5k miles maximum. Last oil change was 1500 miles ago.
    This has the 3.6 Liter Pentastar V6 with 285HP. This thing really moves, especially with the top and doors off!
    This Jeep is better than new! Nonsmoker. Always garaged. I have all the original manuals, DVD, window sticker, etc.
    This Jeep is ready for whatever you throw at it. I’ve only ever taken it to the beach a few times. Never ‘Wheelin’ but you are welcome to, after you buy it of course.
    I put prices (without installation mostly) at the end of each upgrade.
    If you have specific questions or want to see specific areas photographed, let me know.

Factory Options:
    Gloss Black on Black on Black Clear Coat (Body, Fenders, Top).
    6 Speed Manual Transmission. Anti theft defice for the 21st century. 1st gear 4 Low = ½ mph crawl speed.
    4 Wheel Drive with High and Low Ranges. 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio. Heavy Duty DANA 44 Front & Rear Axles.
    Front and Rear Push Button Locking Differentials. Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect.
    9 Speaker Alpine Speakers with Subwoofer.
    Hitch with trailer sway control.
    Automatic Headlights.
    Premium EVIC dash (Tire Pressure Monitoring, oil pressure, oil life, etc).
    Auto Dimming Inside Mirror with LED Map Lights.
    Heated Power Mirrors.
    Heater Leather Bucket Seats.
    Remote Keyless Entry with two key fobs.
    Automatic temperature control for Heat and A/C.
    Cabin Air Filter.
    1 Touch Down Power Windows.
    Security Alarm.
    Steel Bumpers Front & Rear with Red Tow Hooks.
    Mopar Rock Rails.
    Power Dome Vented Hood.
    6.5” GPS Touch Screen with Sirius Satellite Radio and Voice Commands, Bluetooth, 40GB Hard Drive.
    Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel with cruise control, voice command and information buttons.
    Hill Start Assist.
    Plus all the standard stuff. This is Rubicon with all the Sahara options too. It’s the best of the best!

Upgrades:
    5 Brand new OEM Jeep Wheels with brand new glossy black powder coat. Brand new gloss black Jeep center caps and glossy black lug nuts for all 5 wheels. ($1000 )
    2.5” Lift with 35” Tires 315/70/17 Duratracs (These are quiet tires while on the highway). Includes Steering Stabilizer. ($1500 )
    Mopar/Jeep LED Headlights. ($720)
    Smoke front LED turn signals. ($50)
    Mopar/Jeep LED Fog Lights. ($330)
    Blind spot mirrors on outer HVAC vents for use with top and doors removed. ($15)
    Top of the line backup camera interfaced with the factory GPS unit. Put the Jeep in reverse and the backup camera displays automatically. ($500)
    Interior Dome LED Dome Light. ($20)
    Trektop NX Frameless soft top in Twill (the expensive luxury car convertible top fabric). ($1100) This is the top that you can run with the Bimini/Bikini top on with doors and windows off. Better than a convertible, all the airflow but no sunburns.
    Brand new soft top windows. 06/2017 ($600)
    Ceramic window tint with lifetime warranty. ($400)
    Ceramic Plus Paint and Wheel Coating. 5 Coats! 12/2017 ($2000)
    Ziebart Rust Protection. 11/2014 ($400)
    4 Piece Husky All-Weather Rubber Floor Mats. ($200)
    Black Aluminum Heavy Duty Hood Latches ($90)
    New Hood vents and hood insulation 12/2017. ($250)
    Teraflex 3rd Brake Light adjustable relocation bracket. ($100)
    Red grab handles. ($20)
    Teraflex HD Tire Carrier for Spare ($450)

Recovery Equipment
    :
    Warn 9500cti with wired remote and synthetic rope. ($1900)
    Mopar/Jeep Winch Plate *You can’t buy these new as they are no longer available. ($440)
    Warn winch hawse fairlead custom gloss black powder coat. ($50)
    Factor55 ProLink Loaded Shackle with Titanium Pin. ($150)
    3” x 30 Foot 30,000 lb recovery strap, shackles, gloves, compact shovel, etc. ($100)

Towing Setup:
    Blue-Ox Base Plate. ($350)
    OEM Mopar Harness to utilize brake lights on th
    RoadMaster Nighthawk non binding aluminum 8000 lb tow bar.
    RVI3 brake with breakaway cable.
    Mopar wire harness uses Jeep wiring for TOAD brakes.
    Locks to prevent any tampering.

This thing tows perfectly. Lowers mpg only by 1 when towing. Very straight and easy. Night time is great with the lights on the tow bar are easily visible in the rear view camera.

Attached Files:

2. TurnOne1

Located just outside of Cincinnati, OH.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

What is the fuel economy Towing and not Towing, also how large is the garage?

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine has that model, 9 foot I believe. Pretty slick setup actually.

5. Boman Forklift

I had a pretty nice funmover on a Ford F750 chassis, cat diesel, onan diesel 12k genset and a 14 foot garage. I wanted to keep it but needed money for growing my business, and we weren't racing. However, looks like I may start superkart racing later this year and I hate that trailers have to stay in the slow right lanes and drive 55 in California.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that 55mph thing was a huge shocker the first time I drove down to Thunderhill from up north. There aren't many ToyHauler RV's out there, which surprises me. Those Funmovers always looked cool to me, just a little spartan.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  7. TurnOne1

[​IMG]

I've tracked all the fuel ups since day 1.

8 ft wide by 9 foot deep.

1 mpg loss while towing on average.

Great setup to be at the track with! Comfortable. Air compressor with 50' reel.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

most retarded State law ever. I mean lets limit the speed of experienced drivers/truckers and let the right lane become a 20 mile long parade of trucks & trailers. I had to do the Sammy Hagar a couple times to keep my sanity...lol.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. Boman Forklift

So I'm on a phone, and I'm trying to make this out, are you saying you get 8MPG not towing and 7 towing?

If so, for comparison purposes, I think my big diesel I described about only got 8.9-11 coming across from Wisconsin to S. Cal.

10. TurnOne1

My lifetime average is 8 mpg including when towing. Usually get 8-9 and 7-8 while towing the Jeep. Jeep weighs north of 4500 lbs.

Diesels should get better mpg due to higher efficiency of fuel burn and higher energy density. But diesel is more expensive. Currently 25% more expensive where I live. I've owned a couple diesel vehicles (VW Golf and Sprinter).

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

I agree, you would think the diesel would be better. However, the chassis is a Semi Chassis, much bigger garage, 12K diesel genset, etc. so it weighs a bunch more with larger 22.5 inch tires and a electric lift gate to move stuff in and out. Plus it had 4 fold out beds/couches in the garage.

I was hoping we might do AMA/MotoAmerica with it, but after his injury that didn't happen.

Anyway a smaller rig like this would work fine for me, I just wish they were less $ than what I sold mine for.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  12. TurnOne1

I was thinking the same. This is smaller. At 30' you can still get in State & National Parks.

So who wants to up there game and buy it?

13. Boman Forklift

I think mine was right at 40 feet. It was an awesome rig and I would still love to have it, but wasn't in the financial cards. Today, this one is too many $$$ for me, even though I wish it weren't so.

14. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

How does this thing handle when loaded on a windy day on the highway with semis passing, etc? A lot of the older class c toy haulers were a real handful.

15. TurnOne1

I can only remember one time was it so windy that I was having to keep two hands on the wheel. That was maybe 50 miles of all the miles I've driven. Semis haven't disturbed either passing or being passed. This thing drives much more like a E450 van than an RV. Having some weight in the back makes the ride even better than when empty.
    -Biggie

MotoGP69 likes this.
  16. TurnOne1

A correction in my OP. Gen hours are 160. Last changed at 120. Interval every 150 hours. It's been done ahead of schedule.
    Also the RV has cameras for rear which you can view all the time when stopped or driving. And two cameras, one on each turn signal that automatically activate with the signal.

17. thedon221

thedon221 Well-Known Member

Wish you could have posted this 6 month's ago when I bought my class a and trailer

18. TurnOne1

$65k MH price. Who want's to show up and be comfortable?