1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Yamaha R3 Cup SS Race MSO Bike - Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by lateapexer, Jun 21, 2016.

1. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

I am posting this for my friend Mitch this is more or less a feeler thread. Below is what he sent me. This bike is ready to go for the R3 cup (grand prize is a free R3 for experts, and $500 contingency per race for experts). You are better off contacting him directly cell listed below.

"First off I am a builder not a racer, I just like to build stuff and I love race tracks in general no matter what is on it. My friends race bikes, and there is no more cost effective way to get out on the track, but I am just not good at it hah. I've done 2x race days on this bike and it is an amazing bike in my opinion but it is honestly too nice for me, I want to continue racing and learning I just don't need something this nice because eventually I am going to lay it down. Plus I am not competitive in the R3 Cup and the contingency money that Yamaha is offering right now ($500 per race for experts), I have begged other people to ride the bike because I would really like to see it win races, this is the strongest R3 I have seen in the southeast so far but I am holding it back. It dyno'd 41hp to the rear wheel which is the highest I've seen any non-cheater stock engine R3 dyno, and that is with only 189 miles it is not even fully broken in yet. As it loosens up a little that number will go up. Below are some details. This was one of the first R3's to hit the east coast, it was purchased the day they rolled onto the showroom floors and we have been building it / testing it since. Bike has 39 street break in miles, and 150 racing miles, never had a single problem out of it. I never titled it still have the Yamaha MSO certificate etc in my hand. The triple tree recall does not apply to this bike. It has never been dropped."

• 1 off prototype Cogent piggyback custom CNC machined rear shock, this bike was used to design it.
    • Cogent fork build (both are sprung for 180lbs rider)
    • Graves emissions delete
    • Gold heat tape coated valve cover and fuel tank
    • Custom modified stock headers ported and cat removed, wideband bung installed, heat wrapped, and hooked up to a titanium R6 aftermarket slipon, also have MIIV titanium slip on which is louder but lighter.
    • 415 vortex chain conversion 1-tooth up in the rear
    • Custom HKS blue/purple ss braided brake lines
    • Yamahar3racing rearset risers
    • woodcraft clip ons
    • woodcraft brake lever guard
    • woodcraft sliders
    • vesrah brake pads
    • bridgestone dot race tires with plenty of life left because I ride like a wuss
    • custom seat 3x as thick
    • hotbodies fairings professionally painted ducati matte pearl white
    • zero gravity double bubble windscreen
    • better grips
    • yamahar3racing foldable adjustable levers
    • GPR steering stabilizer
    • BMC air filter with snorkel removed
    • Bazzaz fuel w/autotune feature
    • Annitori quick shifter w/Bluetooth
    • Shorai lithium light ass battery
    • Dyno tuned by Lee's Performance 41hp
    • Runs on VP T4
    • GPB racing engine/water pump etc... guard covers
    • R6 quick turn throttle tube
    • Aluminum heel guards (the stock ones are heavy as $#(&*@)
    • We removed every un-necessary piece, bike is 35lbs lighter than street trim
    It also comes with every single stock part, every nut bolt plastic piece etc.. You could put it all back to stock or sell everything whatever. Price is $8000, all total I probably have somewhere near $11000 in the building testing tuning etc... It is all brand new, I just wanted to build it and test it and prove it was good. Unfortunately I need a better rider than me to finish dialing it in and win some races. The suspension/geometry is setup perfect for a tall skinny person problem is I am the only 6'6" racer out there :) Feel free to call/text with any questions 704-576-5004.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

dickie doo, Bobby_Evans and r6boater like this.
  2. Jared Bownds

Jared Bownds Well-Known Member

Super clean, nice build!

3. mk1spyder

mk1spyder Well-Known Member

4. ludedude

ludedude Active Member

Beautiful bike. Wish I had the cash instead of building my own R3.

5. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Welcome to the Forums Mitch

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Right up the road from me, now I just need to hit the lottery. Nice build

7. mk1spyder

If anyone wants to do a partial trade + cash for a race ninja 250/300 or something similar I am game, I still want to learn and eventually be average at this so I can keep up with the pack. Here is a pic of me somehow being perfectly vertical in the middle of a corner. I defy physics with how bad I am lol, such a shrub.

1.jpg

Tonyp425 likes this.
  8. mk1spyder

Just FYI i'm well aware if you can get into a salvage bike for cheap you can probably do the same build for less than $8000 but the bonus to my bike is that you know it is 100% straight and true. These are steel frames not aluminum so they bend without cracking. + mine is a MSO bike so technically whoever titles it first is the first owner. I know that doesn't mean much for a race bike but its something haha.

Also thanks for the kind words, so far this is without a doubt the nicest group of people I've ever ran into motor sport wise. Car people, truck people, etc... are a high % of assholes like myself.

PuertoRexican likes this.
  9. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Dag nabbit after I already bought one. Keep and race with me we can be slow and no good at it together!

10. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Dag nabbit after I already bought one. Keep and race with me we can be slow and no good at it together!

11. mk1spyder

Trade plus cash lol

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You folded yourself up well enough at Cycle Jam to go faster than me! Just a friendly FYI- that desnorkled air filter is in no way ESS legal. You may or may not get protested, but I can almost guarantee teardowns at the cup race.

13. mk1spyder

The snorkel on the R3 is not restrictive at all, I could easily add it back and it wouldn't affect anything just did it for ease of seeing the quality of the filter. More than happy to add it back if anyone was going to protest me but luckily they won't because I am terribly slow. I could be riding a 600 it wouldn't matter I'd still get beat, I was running Grom times at Tally.

14. Andres Villalba

Andres Villalba Active Member

Beautiful bike, you are welcome to race it in south Florida.

15. mk1spyder

IMG_20160703_125545398.jpg

After a successful 16 laps around Barber, I am working on my form but getting faster every lap until I about passed out from a non-perforated suit and 117 degree track temp.

16. mk1spyder

17. Shenanigans

280zx beside the Hummer?

18. mk1spyder

One owner 83 turbo 5speed. For sale as well hah.

19. Shenanigans

How much, I know some one that may be interested. You can inbox me the details if you want

20. redphu

redphu Well-Known Member

How's about a trade for a kawi super single 450

Attached Files: