1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 R6 YEC harness + Translogic Blip assist help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by cosp600rr, Oct 19, 2023.

1. cosp600rr

cosp600rr Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I need some help and hopefully this makes some kind of sense. Im new to the R6 Platform so bear with me. I picked up a 2015 R6 a couple days ago that has a blown motor so I got it really cheap for a winter project. They guy I got if from didnt really know anything about it so Im figuring it out as I go.

It has the YEC race harness and assuming the kit ecu but its been flashtuned from what Im told. See picture (Sorry its blurry) but it has a dynojet quickshifter thats plugged into the YEC harness plug thats up on the left side front of the motor near the radiator but it also has a duel channel blip assist sensor connected to the blip assist control box. With the duel channel translogic sensor would it be possible to to eliminate the Dynojet sensor and plug the push side of the wiring into the YEC harness plug for quickshift and still have the pull side connected to the blip assist? The end of the push side of the translogic has the small square style plug and the YEC race harness has a larger plug so an adapter wire would need to be made but it would also allow for the quickshifter plug to not be under the gas tank/airbox and more accessible towards the underseat area.

Hopefully some of this makes sense and my hope is to get rid of one of the shifter sensors on the shifter and clean it up a bit. Im sure Ill have more questions but thats it for now.

Attached Files:

2. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Im not too knowledgeable on this so will probably be corrected but I would think the only reason the Dynojet is on there is to have fuel tuning and the quickshift is an add-on to the dynojet. I have previously had both a flashed ECU AND a Dynojet Power commander for additional tuning. Had OEM QS.

My 17 bike I have now, has flashed ECU and translogic blip assist (Up-down). So I imagine you can remove the dynojet QS and just use translogic to ECU. But do you still have the power commander?

3. cosp600rr

The bike does not have a power commander. Just the dynojet quickshifter plugged into the ECU.

4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Then I dont understand why it would have both dynojet QS, and translogic QS/BA.

5. cosp600rr

Me either. LOL. Im hopeful someone knows the answer to this.

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

If it were me I would pull dynojet QS off and run with the Translogic.

7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

That is bizarre. I’d just remove all Dynojet stuff (assuming the two Translogic boxes are there and connected).

8. cosp600rr

It does not have both Translogic boxes. It only has the blip assist box. The dynojet it doing the upshifts and blip assist is doing the downshifts. The push side of the Transologic sensor isnt doing anything.

prm likes this.
  9. cosp600rr

I guess the main question is will the Translogic dual channel shift sensor work with the Flashtuned ecu. Like the Dynojet sensor works fine with the Flashtune so they are compatible so will the Translogic also work? Can the Translogic go to 2 different systems and do what its supposed to do so I can get rid of the Dynojet sensor and only have the one?

10. cosp600rr

Correction to my first post.... I do not have the YEC kit ecu. I only have the YEC kit harness and a flashtuned ecu. Not sure if that makes any difference or not but its more info.

11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I would just go with one brand for QS/BA. See if you can just purchase parts needed instead of whole kit. I only have one small box for my Translogic QS/BA but its a 2017.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I had the full YEC package and with the translogic. The benefit of the YEC is that you have much more control over the ECU vs a Flashtune. When I bought the bike, it had a cobbled together system similar to yours and honestly it never worked 100%. However, you can run a flashtune ecu and the translogic together.

The right thing to do is to buy the Translogic QS module so you can run one system in conjunction with the flashtune ecu. It's honestly how 99% of successful teams rand their setup when running the 08-16 years.

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

both my bikes have 1 translogic qs/blip sensor on the shift rod, my sb r6 is FTECU flashed box that is tunable, but we kept the dynojet power commander on for ease of fuel mapping/timing adjust. the ss bike is a YEC box for all very simple and easy tuning.
    as many said above, not sure why you would have 2 shift rod sensors, but i'm not a tuner ...

14. cosp600rr

Got it. Im going to be getting rid of the second shift sensor on my bike and only run the Translogic one since its duel channel. One plug will go to the blip assist and the other will go to the ecu. Currently the translogic sensor is only being half used and only for blip.
    IMG_20231015_141358675_HDR.jpg