1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 BMW s1000rr full stainless Akrapovic ticking noise

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Krypt RR, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Krypt RR

Krypt RR Well-Known Member

Looking for opinions on a small ticking noise that is occurring on my 2014 BMW s1000rr.
    It has a full stainless Akrapovic and what's funny is, my previous 2013 model s1000rr had a full stainless Akrapovic too and did the same ticking noise except on idle and mild revs. Below I'll put a link to a video I made earlier of my 2014. It only ticks on mild revs between 2k-4k rpm. Anything past 4k rpm it goes away, but as soon as the rev limiter comes back down to the 4-5k mark you'll lightly hear the tick. I sent my ecu out for a flash from BMW and I can't say that I remember my 2014 doing this before I sent the ecu out. BMW told me they advance the ignition timing, adjust the knock sensor, etc. Thanks in advance for the help and opinions.

2. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

:timeforabeer:For real?

3. Krypt RR

?

4. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

Exhaust clamp loose? Sounds normal to me, mine has a full leo Vince and has ticked since new. 35k miles now

5. Krypt RR

I'll be pulling off all the oem fairings Monday in preparation for the track fairings to be installed and will have to check all the hardware on the exhaust.

6. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

which flash did you go with

7. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I'm thinking that the exhaust pulse is maybe just right at that rpm that it's causing that sound through the walls of the header pipe? Just a thought in my head. Maybe I'm crazy.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Titanium Valves?

9. Krypt RR

Ecu flash from Max BMW in CT.

j cal likes this.