1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013+ ZX636 Slipper Clutch Adjustment

Discussion in 'Tech' started by badmoon692008, Feb 1, 2019.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Just picked up a 2013 zx-6r that's mostly stock. I see plenty of discussions on R6 clutch adjustment, but haven't been able to find much about the ZX-6 other than "refer to the kit manual" which I haven't been able to find. I'm coming from a 2009 GSX-R that made it really easy to dial in the slipper without dissembling much and I usually spent half a day or so dialing it in after replacing the clutch. Any input on adjusting the ZX-6 clutch or input to where I could find the kit manual? Also open to other suggestions of upgrades/adjustments I should make before I race it. I have it down to basically a bare frame and swingarm right now, so now would be the time to make changes. I'm already relocating the Reg/Rec to under the seat, but other than that don't really know what to look for to make it better.

2. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

The 636 clutch isn't adjustable. The 2009-2012 ZX6 (600) clutch will work on the 636 and allows for quite a bit of adjustment. If you go that route I would start off with a 40mm pack height and use one spider spring and go from there. You can use the stock 636 spring plate (the first steel plate in the pack that is two steels riveted together with a spring washer in between) when building the clutch stack. It helps with clutch feel during starts.

With the rec/reg on the 636 I re-route and extend the wires so I can mount it above the counter shaft.

There isn't a kit manual for the 636 but some of the 600 race kit parts and specs will work. The 600 kit head gasket is the one 600 kit part that I use and is still in stock.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Like mentioned, i dont think kawi has a kit manual for the 2013 or newer.
    But if you want I have the 2009-2012 one I can send to you.