1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 SBK Rules: fake headlights and pit stops

Discussion in 'General' started by vonstallin, Oct 18, 2012.

1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I like the pit stop ideas.

Back when AMA was running four classes, I was pushing for the Formula Extreme class to be different in style to the other three classes, as the fans had no idea what was what.

I thought since we put all that expense into pit stop equipment for just one race, the 200, that each round should have FX be a 90 min race, clock runs even during red flags, so you would have at least one stop, maybe two. I loved the strategic planning and the excitement of getting ready and going through the pit stops.

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I kind of agree... Pit stops add some excitement to the race...

4. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Taillights for bad weather is good. Fake headlights I can do without though.

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The fake lights on the Kawi look dumb as hell. I thought the rule on pit stops was to allow them if necessary not to mandate them?.

6. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

165 KG = 363.7lbs
    Thats like a 220hp SV650 :eek:

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm curious to see what the BMW headlight stickers will look like. I'm guessing they will stock with asymmetrical and ugly like stock.

8. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Pit stops sounded optional, but would be cool if they extended the race long enough to make them mandatory.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Double the points and run one long race instead of two short ones?

10. Single bike rule. Can't have b bike in pits with rain tires on it and they aren't red flagging for rain. Actually have to swap them out if it rains. ALOT of strategy will be involved.

11. caferace

caferace No.

Not a word.

-jim

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

13. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

14. Of all the crazy stuff that people type on here, your going to pick on that. BTW, Fire Fox already tried to tell me that and I ignored that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alot
    :up:

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Sounds like World Superbike is going to suck in the near future...

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Maybe not. What if they align rule-wise with BSB, AMA adopts the same, then you've got a bunch of WSBK wildcards racing at Daytona again like the good-ol-days?

17. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

Equal weights for twins and fours.....

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Kind of what I'm thinking. Anybody who watched BSB this year knows that their formula seemed to work from an entertainment perspective.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

BSB has been exciting with whatever rules you throw at them. It's the tracks and lunatic riders.

I think we're seeing the beginning of the end of WSBK as we know it. Since MotoGP can't match the excitement of the series, they're gonna fuck WSB to the point MotoGP looks exciting again? :down:

20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

you're :D