1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Horizon Award

Discussion in 'General' started by Schitzo42, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

What's up with the Horizon Award this year? I thought I read something back in August about it happening with the ROC, but haven't heard anything else about it.

-steve

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

They cleverly held the AMA amateur nationals at a track where kids are not allowed. Maybe they will still award it?

3. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

It's been awarded to Outlaw Racing's Andre Ochs. Andre races WERA West and has never touched Daytona before this weekend. He won both of his 600 races Sat & Sun!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, Andre deserves it. Was anyone else really running? No that has nothing to do with Andre in the least - don't think the outcome would have changed any.

5. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Nope. I think there were 2-3 big bikes and 6 ish middleweights.

6. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Andre's main competition looks to have been his teammate Daytona Anderson (Also from WERA West). I know in Saturday's race Andre won by 0.5s.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No surprise there :D Daytona and Andre are both fast kids. Very cool for both of them and congrats to Andre!

8. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

He was in the garage pitted right across from us. Cool kid. On Sunday afternoon after he won the award he came by with it and we checked it out. Very cool!

9. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I really wish I could have made that round...

Congrats to the winners.