1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Rules are done

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Feb 14, 2011.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

If you had been around when they came out, you would understand. The F3's owned everything right up until Suzuki updated there bikes. That was the end of the F3rieghn.

It as just that much better.

2. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

No worries, I was just curious is all. You know me Im loyal to my Hondas.

3. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Will be my first season in V7HW. Ran V6LW, D-SBK, LTW SS/SK for the past 10+ years. Was just agreeing that an RC-51 seems really advanced compared to a YZF750R. I'm slow so it doesn't matter what I race. :) But it would be fun to mount an FZR1000 motor in my YZF. :up:

4. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

your YZF has loads of potential. ride it.
    neither of those bikes can run radial brakes, so their brakes aren't any better than the R6 or R1 brakes you should be running on your YZF.

They really do handle well. Just need to lighten up the unsprung weight.

I apologise, I know this is the wrong forum but, Would like to run R1 forks, calipers, front and rear wheels. Any advice on which years fit??? Would be really appreceated.

Thanks.

5. stickboy274

The RC would be in SS trim, and the YZF in SBK. My money would be on the YZF

6. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I'm expecting that ALL of the ss twins to get their feelings hurt by the v6hwt regulars as well as the big online four crowd.... Just saying. I guess we will see soon enough.

7. Dyle

I think its gonna be a great season to watch much less ride in. Cant wait!

8. fistafury

fistafury Well-Known Member

Actually, the F3's owned nothing but license plates back when they were being produced. There were a couple guys, Melville and Gibbs that would win races, but Kawis owned WERA racing 95-96. In '97 when the new GSX-R600 came out those bikes were very slow, but so many racers rode them for the contingency and Suzuki Cup money. The Valvoline and Vesrah riders were miles ahead in development of the Suzukis in '97, but could barely keep Brian Lantz from driving around them on a bone stock ZX6R.

9. stickboy274

Not in the SE. It looked like all F3's down here in the grids. I had an FZR. We called the c classes the F3 class. There were heards of them roaming around like buffalo.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

perfect!

11. Dyle

I remember seeing Geoff May beat up on a bunch of Kawis and GSXRs back in late 90s and early 2000s. Riding an F3, Chris (Hippy) Berkle built. I know he had alot harder time on the Duc he rode for such a short time before swapping to the Suzuki in what 04 or 05. So another curious question, is the SRAD 750 any better at whatever than an RC51? I ask cause Im thinking the old GSXRs of Eboz and Hickman and Kawi of Lance will beat up the SRAD as well as the RC51.

12. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Dyle:

The RC51/TL1000R/Ducati 916 or superbike 996 ran against 750's back in the day. Now the rules allow hybrids in V6HW (so you can drop a bigbore 1100 into a 750 chassis, and drop the heavy chassis) and V7HW permits UNLIMITED displacement, so the big twins are at a big dissadvantage using these rules.........IMO.

It will be fun to have the big twins running with the big inline fours and even the 250 two-stroke GP bikes, but why would you limit yourself to a 750 motor?

I still say the V6HW regulars, and the rare 900RR superbike will dominate the V7HW class..........like it has been from the beginning........now we have more variety on the grid, and hopefully the grid size will grow.

Now let's let the first generation Aprilia Mille/Tuono in the HWT class and I will show you first hand how bad the twins will get it handed to them by our V6HWT brothers.....lol.

Dyle your a closet Suzuki guy aren't you.............I bet there is a "S" logo tattoo'd under that "Ride Red" logo....lol.

13. Dyle

No I had rather push a Kawi than ride a Suzuki. Just me. But being here in the deep south now and having a neighbor that owns one and really likes the race idea, it seams a constant conversation with him. He just doesnt understand so I ask the questions for him. Plus Im just alittle curious. Ive never owned any other bike than a Honda, aside from the GSXR that Chris rode, but that was his and my very first bike was a KDX100. Anyways Im not completely up to date with who made the big and bad of some of the earlier bikes. But I do still see alot of these around and wondered if they (600s & 750s) were able to race with us would the grids grow and would they really dominate our classes. But enough on the subject cause I dont want my Honda brotheren to think I went traitor.:D

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Hey Mongo,
    I have sent you 2 e-mails over the past couple of months seeking some rules clarification on bikes I am building. I was hoping not to create a mess on here so hopefully this will be pretty straight forward.

1. You allowed the Ascot into V-2. Would that also include the XL500S that uses the same engine design. The pre-RFVC 500 single? As far as I know, and I have built more than several of these, is that any parts that are different except the frame, are legal to be changed.

2. The 250 GP DT 1 that I ma building originally started as a DT 2, which has a reed valve cylinder. I have changed back to a DT-1 piston port cylinder, so will that be legal. The frame and engine numbers on all DT 1 , 2 and 3 all start with DT1, so the only way to determine year is by the number sequence.

3. Can you change the rules in V-2 so we can run 17" wheels? I like them better.

Ken