1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011-2012 GSXR Issues

Discussion in 'General' started by kevinnolde, Oct 2, 2012.

1. kevinnolde

kevinnolde kandjracingsolutions.com

Got a New(to me) 600 recently, did the normal things like jump the wires for the clutch safety and kickstand removed the fan and a few other things; FI light and no start, I know it will work if I plug everything back in so what does everyone do? Has anyone been reflashing their bikes with the Woolich system? Does it allow no street safetys and allow for tuning in an easy way as advertised? I thought I had this bike building shit down, this modern mandated safety world is killing me.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Put the clutch switch back.

3. kevinnolde

Hey Huey,
    OK, why?

4. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

gsxr

Why did you take the fan off ?

5. kevinnolde

More room for air to flow through the radiator without restriction and so I can sell it. Need one?

6. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Probably because he knows things.

:D

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I think Huey is referring to the cost/benefit factor. By removing the clutch switch, you cause a host of other problems that in the end outweigh the benefit.

On my 08 GSXR 600, removing the steering damper locked me into C mode. I ended up cutting the relay out of the stock damper with a dremel and plugging it in.

If you want to do it all right, just buy the aftermarket Yosh kit. Much easier in the long run.

8. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Bikes are getting networks just like the auto industry did 10-15 years ago. You have data lines running throughout the system. Because all of the electronics , this bit has to talk to that bit and visa versa.

I don't know exactly when autos started having networks, but u get my point.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  9. kevinnolde

I hear you, I had jumped the wires at the plugs like the old days but odd happenings followed. I remember the factory-pro post about the k5 1000 hp rev ceiling being slightly higher with the clutch interlock switch still installed. So one vote for the Yosh set up, anyone used it in great detail?

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Yes.

The clutch switch changes mapping - don't jump it. With the EMPro ("Yosh set up"), this issue goes away.

11. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Yep, can't just jump stuff anymore. If you know the resistance, you can sometimes wire in a resistor and get by, but that is going out the door as well. There is actual data going back and forth nowadays, so you can't do the resistor trick either

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

When you jump the clutch switch it puts the bike into the neutral ignition map which chops a nice chunk of power off the bike. :)

13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I think you can still put a switch on the dash for the clutch switch. That way you can keep it off the bar.

14. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

How many races have ever been lost because the clutch switch was damaged versus how many problems were caused by not having a clutch switch?

When you pull in (and thus engage the clutch switch) the bike goes into a "starty mode" that is stupid (doesn't listen to all sensors) and thus less HP and lower RPM at redline. When you let the clutch out it lets the switch out and the bike gets smart again. Vroom.

Put the clutch switch back.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Best technical description I have seen in a long time. :up::D

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Sad that it is likely an attempt to keep squids from floating valves revving the piss out of their bikes with no load

17. backbone

I'm thinking endurance racing.

What is the problem with the switch on the dash? Other than having to remember that it is there and having teammates that aren't afraid to use it in the proper position. :)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The question is why put it on the dash?

It's safe enough in the stock spot, it for sure works in the stock spot, it's no work to just leave it.

19. backbone

You are thinking SS. We use a different perch on the SBK.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My bike is wired with the clutch switch to an accessory kill button. Hold button, hit starter, let off button :)