1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Rulebook stuff

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - got a request to allow the V7 HW GP riders go to 1999 since Y2k was the big change for Yam and Hon, anyone see a problem with that?

I'll post more as I run across them...

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - V1 - period disc brakes for all - anyone disagree?

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

wish I'd have seen that one comin....working up a T500 drum for my V1 bike.

With all due respect, I believe this is in direct conflict to our sportsman 350 brethern rules. I'm all for good brakes, but do we want to distance ourselves from that larger similar group? ....just askin....

Is there something else going on I'm missing?....like them allowing disks also?

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Why??? Sounds painful.... :wow:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? :D

Okay - next one. Allowing F500 TZ's to use a TZ750 head putting them to 373cc. Basically it's a small increase on displacement.

6. XRacerX

XRacerX Well-Known Member

Is there a difference between V7HW & V7HW GP?

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Does that mean that up to 99 600's could run HW?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, it's the same as me allowing all years of F3 and the Kawi through 97 in MW.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, been together since it's inception. Just not many running the GP bikes.

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I was just wondering since it's a bump up class. Do you only allow 1k of these years, or is there a low end CC cut off?

And I'm not saying they get into MW, just HW

11. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

this is a GREAT idea, the V1 bikes will be more competitive in V2:D

12. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Can I put a 1998 ducati 998 engine in my 1994 916? Do not understand the rule in V-7HW....GUYS FILL ME IN HERE....

13. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

using tz750 cyls gives the water pumpers reeds also.
    hate to be one to poop on something, but they were idexed into F500 as a and b models because they werent competitive with tz g's in two stroke. a tz 350 b should be able to kick butt in 500 without the hp and driveablity increase.

any chance it could be probationary ?

14. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Mongo is only talking about the GP 250 bikes bumping from 1995 to 1999 if I read it correctly.

I still want my D-Sbk FZR400 to be able to run V7MW.....lol...

Now your making me want a 250, gee thanks...MO MONEY:up:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? That's got nothing to do with anything in the thread and the answer is no you can't.

16. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

You shouldn't complain, they're about to let you in V1, with your d--- brake... :D

17. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I wouldn't think so................but you might want to ask to see if you can use other year 916's in the class first. The rule currently is 1995 and older on the Duc.

......but I like how your thinking!

:up:

18. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Doug likes to drink and post :Poke:

and FWIW, i refrained from asking any 350gp frame bracing questions. i know how much of a testy little fella you are :D

19. Duck150

OK....thanks...that is all I wanted to know...

20. Duck150

James....its not 5:00 yet.....you ready for more mud in your face.....and you modern vitage guys are so damn serious.....I guess I better take out the 1198R engine out of my V-7 bike...you guys said we can do whatever we want if we bring beer with us.....