1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 CBR tip over sensor

Discussion in 'Tech' started by cbr600rrMM, Oct 9, 2010.

1. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

i bought the 09 cbr 600 that has been droped on left side and the tip over is not there how can i by pass it i try to conect the two wires and still wont start and the left headlight is not there the bike crank but wont start over if anyone know anything plz let me know thanks alot

2. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Does the fuel pump kick on at all? You should be able to hear it.

3. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

not sure how similar it is to the F4i, but if you can get your hands on a wiring diagram you can find the wire that goes to the tip over switch and then ground it out. worked on my bike when i took the front wiring out.

4. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

the fuel pump dont kick in i try to jump the fuel pump it did work

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Remove the BAS and jump the red and green wire to disable it. Tdub

6. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

if the bike doesnt have the left headlight is that could be a reason

7. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

the fuel pump doesnt kick in i cant hear the noise from the fuel pump

8. cobes

cobes Well-Known Member

check some fuses, check to make sure the two wires are plugged in under the fuel tank. I would say it has something to do with the BAS but I would check the other stuff as well.

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

According to his 1st post, the BAS is missing. It will have to be jumped because it wont run with out it otherwise. Tdub

10. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

so i have to connect the red and green wire to by pass tps, how about left headlight there is no left headlight so is that do anything to do the fuel pump wire are connected when i jump fuel pump it kicks in

11. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

no, the headlight has nothing to do with fuel pump. You are probably jumping a hot headlight wire to the fuel pump making it cycle. Try jumping the BAS wires like I stated.

12. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

i check the fuse under the seat is there another fuse box ??

13. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Did you jump the bas wires???

14. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

if u talking about the tip over sensor i did connect the red and green as u said nothing no fuel pump the bike crank but wont start over

15. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

what can stop the fuel pump to work

16. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

- BAS, But if you jumped it correctly you have eliminated that.
    - Kill Switch, Make sure the the kill swich is in the run position and working correctly (the contacts can corrode).
    - Relay, Swap it out.
    - Wire connections & grounds, Trace the wires to/from the pump.
    - Bad fuel pump, Power it directly with 12V to see if it's good.

17. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

i jump the fuel pump from the fuel pump rely and it kicks in i jump the green and red wire from tip sensor and still nothing i cant figure it out ???????

18. bigfella

bigfella Well-Known Member

Trace the wiring down from the kill switch to the 8 pin connector,(White connector, I think ?) just under the RH upper mid/front tank cover area, and jump the white and black wire with the black wire (kill switch side of connector) Does the pump prime?

19. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

20. cbr600rrMM

cbr600rrMM Member

fuel pump is not working still dont know what to do