1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008+ Ninja 250 stuff

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Dits, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Need to convert a bone stock one and need everything. Exhaust, rear sets, clip ons, bodywork etc. Anyone?

2. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

I got a area p exhaust perfect shap carbon can, sharkskinz bodywork. Been down but I will have it repair before shipping.

3. Dits

Is that a full exhaust?

4. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

Yes it is.

5. Dits

Ooooooh, nice. How much for the exhaust alone and how much for the whole thing?

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sami, I sent you a message about a different part.

7. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Since your converting a bone stock one, would you want to sell the front turn signals and maybe some the front fairings?

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ok so the only things you actually need to make them competitive is, Exhaust w/jet kit. 102-05 DJ jets. Depending on snorkel ruling. Emulators in the front, clip-ons (not needed but preferred to me), You can run a 2006 GSXR shock that will work great. So great that a 1:46 was ran at Barber on one. Rearsets. That's it.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Steering damper

10. Dits

The bike is for my kid. We're going bare bones for his cherry popping. Check out the photo on my facetoob.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I saw the pic. Looking faster than his paw already :D

12. Chrismichael

Chrismichael New Member

I have just purchased a stock 2008 Ninja 250, I've done some work on it, rejet carb, full exhaust, and body work. My biggest question is what do I do for rear shock? I see mention putting on a 2006 GSXR shock, will this fit right up or will something need modification? Any advice on this would be help full. Spending $500-$800 on a shock is not my first choice...

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The top of the shock will have to be trimmed. That is all. Meaning either have a file handy, or a dremmel with a grinding wheel.

14. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^^ GSXR runs a 10mm upper fastener, the 250 a 12mm fastener. You will need to drill out the upper bushing for the bigger diameter. The lower mount is a bit too narrow, may need trimmed. The spring diameter is wider so linkage needs spaced out a bit and you need longer fasteners for the linkage. And get some shorter linkage dogbones, GSXR shock is a bitter shorter than the stock shock and you want the rear ride height. Honestly its a bit of a bandaid solution as the spring may or may not be right for you, the dampening is not quite right for the linkage rate, and its a still an OEM shock. Cheap enough to try, better for some - not so much for others.

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

The stock shock isn't bad. But yeah, that sounds about right. I can't remember. We were the first to do it in 2008. Which damn that's 8 years ago lol I had one laying around was why. I may have used some Busa links also that I had but I don't think so.

16. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I've got the hook up on a complete motor if youre interested in a spare