1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Kawasaki ZX6R Track Bike $3,200

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by punchsponge, Sep 9, 2018.

1. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

No luck with photos; here's a link:

https://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2008-kawasaki-zx6r-track-bike/6693684441.html

For sale is a basically stock ZX6R track bike. Vortex rearsets, GPR radial stabilizer, braided lines, sliders, spools, safety wiring, gearing, i.e. the basics. Low road miles, negligible track hours, happy with the power and suspension - solid bike. Title in hand, but it was never transferred two owners ago. I'm pretty good friends with both guys so I'm happy to write a bill of sale; no reservations about giving out the serial number. Reason I'm selling it is that I race smaller bikes on my free weekends and don't have time for track days any more. Not interested in trades unless they are a KTM EXC 250 woods bike or a Moriwaki MD250H roadracer. Will have it at Mid Ohio on 9/11/2018; no problem letting you do a few laps if I hold the cash.
    Here's a video of a cold start: Thanks for your time.

2. jswisc

jswisc Pedal Pusher

Sent you a pm.

3. punchsponge

Good talking to you. Noticed the "SB Suspension" stickers on both the forks and shock, will try to learn more about spring rates from previous owner. Have not checked sag, but I can tell you that the bike worked wonderfully at the track today for a guy who is 185lbs without gear. Failed to mention the Two Brothers undertail exhaust as well. Had a ball on this bike today; bump to it for being so awesome.

4. punchsponge

Revised the craigslist listing, so check it out if you have any interest. Bike developed a tiny valve cover leak over cylinder two - not enough to ever drip, but enough for you to notice that oil blew around under the fairing - at it's last track day. Guess it is very common for 07, 08 ZX6Rs. I checked the VIN when looking at gaskets and noticed that the bike is an 07, not an 08. Talked the the previous owner and he said he sent off the suspension to SB and that they sprung it for 190lbs without gear. $200 price drop because I just have too many projects right now. Heck, I'm missing Barber next weekend because I'm swamped at work and my car needs u-joints. Buy this thing, simplify my life and be rewarded with a GREAT bike.

5. punchsponge

Bump for a supa fresh valve cover gasket. Man, was that a pain in the butt, but boy was it nice to cool down with a blast through the neighborhood. This bike needs NOTHING! Last bump before I drain the fluids for the winter.

6. still for sale?