1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Ducati 848 with 1040 kit

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Brad, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Former Eric Wood AMA Formula Extreme "A" bike. Ducshop 1040 kit added in early 2010 with fresh rod bearings, rebalanced crank, valve job etc. Two track days and about 3 race weekends on the rebuild. Not raced/ridden since March 2011..I held out hope for a long time but I am done!

The goods: fresh 1040 mentioned(140/80 on pump), Bruce Meyers heads, 70mm Termi, Nemesis ecu, DJ qs, Woodcraft rearsets/bars/sliders, Sharkskinz, aluminum subframe and fairing bracket, Penske triple, one weekend on AK20s w/.975 springs, Yoyodyne slipper, Brembo radial masters (not stockers), Brembo full floater rotors (2sets), Marvic magnesium wheels (2 sets-fronts are 16.5 but rears are 17x6), OE Ducati rain wheels, NCR adjustable triples/sprocket carrier, rear stand, probably something I'm forgetting...

It has been sitting idle, fired up once in a while though, so all fluids need changed and a set of belts would be in order even though they were fresh with the rebuild. 16.5 tire supplies are probably dried up but the front wheels would make cool art! Comes with mso. I think the dash reads 14 miles(maybe less), race bike from new.

I would be willing to meet within a few hours of Atlanta area or deliver to Road Atlanta, Talladega or Barber.

If you can't put this at the pointy end of a HWT race, it's not the bikes fault!...$8000 or best "not stupid" offer! :-D 2012-08-20 17.36.02.jpg 2012-08-20 18.05.45.jpg 2012-08-20 17.23.43.jpg 2012-08-20 17.25.36.jpg 2012-08-20 17.24.37.jpg

2. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Bump.... $7500!

Also comes with original 848 cylinders and stock unused pistons if you want to make it back to an 848. Doesn't get much easier than on a Duc to swap over.

Oh yeah...a set of NCR Ti (long)rods and NCR single ring pistons.(check the cost on that combo!) You would need to source pistons as these were "timed out". A custom set would be best bet as they are -real- pricey direct!...But, lightened crank and ti makes this thing butter!

3. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Bump!... $7200

May entertain trade+/- on the right sport tourer or dual sport!

4. ducatilvr

ducatilvr Well-Known Member

Hey Brad, what's your location?

5. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Suwanee Ga. About 30 miles north of Atlanta on I85. 25 minutes from Road Atlanta.

6. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Up top....

$6800

7. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Up top with ya!

8. ducatilvr

I'm surprised you still haven't sold this beast yet

Zach Jansen and Brad like this.
  9. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

It could be destiny. You could be my man!

10. ducatilvr

I wish I could, I came across a KILLER deal on a 1098,had i not came across that I would've been picking this up

11. ducatilvr

I'm going to need a backup bike, but I'm sure this one will be gone by that time I'm sure

12. BrianW

BrianW Active Member

Is the bike still for sale? Can you email me your contact information? My email address is [email protected]

Thanks

13. Zach Jansen

Zach Jansen Well-Known Member

14. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Doubtful, as I'm currently motorcycle rich, space and cash poor!

ducatilvr likes this.
  15. ducatilvr

Rotflmmfao

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Man how is this not sold. Sweet bike!

17. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Upsie dasie!

18. Zach Jansen

Zach Jansen Well-Known Member

Okay I'm still dreaming about this thing. And hope to sell one bike soon to purchase yours! Can I send you a deposit and pick it up somewhere around Georgia next month?

19. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Has Jason written all over it
    Beautiful bike

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  20. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Don't it though? He already has one of my bikes, might as well make it a pair!

No Brakes and SmokeSignalRT like this.