1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Ducati 848 - Ohlins Upgrades

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by moto11, Jan 13, 2019.

1. moto11

moto11 Member

The majority of the Midwest may have just gotten dumped on with snow, but don't let that stop you from scoring a killer winter deal on this 848.

I am selling my 2008 Ducati 848 which has 13k miles. The bike is super clean (must see in person) and has been obsessively maintained and cared for.

I am the 3rd owner. The first two owners were incredibly diligent with maintenance and took fantastic care of the bike. The first owner kept oil samples and sectioned filters with corresponding dates and mileage for every oil change he conducted from new. The second owner was a 55 year old automotive plant manager and Ducati enthusiast that has been riding all his life. The bike's condition is really incredible given the year and mileage. It runs, rides, and looks like new.

I was going to replace the timing belts this summer but once I got to them I realized they still looked new. They were replaced in 2014, but the bike has only seen roughly 3500 miles since then and the belts are still in great shape. I will include the new belts in the sale, which are still sealed in their packaging.

It has been outfitted with a host of tasteful aftermarket upgrades:
    Suspension- Set up for 220lb rider including gear.
    -Ohlins 30mm FGK210 Fork Cartridges (1.05 springs)
    -Ohlins TTX36 Rear Shock (1.1 spring)
    -Ducshop Race Link
    -Ducshop 30mm Offset Triple Clamps
    **Note: This is basically the best suspension/geometry setup for an 848, for us mere mortals anyways.**
    -Brembo RCS 19 MC
    -Cored Stock Exhaust (Sounds excellent) also have stock un-cored mufflers if interested.
    -BMC High Flow Filter
    -Power Commander III (Mapped for exhaust and filter)
    -Fatduc O2 emulator (helps with cold starts and part throttle mapping)
    -Sato Racing Adjustable Rearsets
    -MMG Lithium Battery (Weighs only 2lbs)
    -Wired for battery tender quick connect.
    -Carbon Fiber Front Fender
    -Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger
    -Carbon Fiber Tank Guards
    -Tank Grips

*Pitbull single-sided swingarm stand included*

Regular oil changes using Motul 300V.

Miles have been 95% highway since I bought the bike due to the roads I have access to, my loss, your gain I suppose?

Dunlop Q3+ tires installed this past September, only 300 miles on them.

The front fork oil was changed 1000 miles ago and is good to go. Fork seals in good condition and do not leak. The whole Ohlins suspension setup has less than 3500 miles on it since new.

Fresh brake fluid, front/rear.

All in all the bike is near perfect, minus a few light scratches here and there which are common from washing, all of which should come out no problem with a buffer.

In addition, I have the following items for sale separately or as a package if buyer wants everything. I am also willing to throw them in with the sale of the bike depending on price. Feel free to shoot me an offer for any of the items below.

A brand new oem 848 gas tank (red).
    SBS RS brake pads (fronts) new in package.
    Oem rear shock.
    Oem stock mufflers.
    Oem footpegs.
    Spare, like new oem ECU

I can deliver depending on sale price and how far away buyer is located. Asking $7750 obo.

Thanks,
    Rick

Attached Files:

2. moto11

moto11 Member

Bump $7500.