1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 R6 Mileage logged into gauge or ecu

Discussion in 'General' started by MOTOXAZ, Apr 24, 2011.

1. MOTOXAZ

MOTOXAZ Well-Known Member

I just need to know if the miles that are logged on the odometer are logged into the gauge cluster or the ecu of each particular motor. I purchased a motor from someone who said it only had 2300 miles on it and after putting my gauge cluster on it, its says about 8300. The old motor I had said 9600 on the odometer. Its the same exact gauge cluster so it leads me to believe that the miles are logged directly into each motor. I just need to know for sure before I decide to take action against this guy. I bought it on ebay so I don't think its anyone associated with this Org. I just hate being lied to. Luckily the motor is still strong. 114.4 to the rear wheel on the dyno.

2. Dpeglow

Dpeglow Well-Known Member

the cluster I do believe

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'm pretty sure its in the cluster... even if it was in the ECU, you only replaced the motor so it wouldnt matter anyway.

4. gibson

gibson Sportbike Track Gear

On that bike as well as the older R6's the millage is stored into the cluster.

5. MOTOXAZ

MOTOXAZ Well-Known Member

Hmm thats weird. So I don't know what miliage i have then. The old motor had around 9600 on the odometer and now with the same gauge cluster but with a new motor it reads 8300 so some how it got rolled back 1300 miles