1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 GSXR-750 Track/Race bike (Reno NV)

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by ViperThreat, Sep 30, 2021.

1. ViperThreat

ViperThreat New Member

2007 GSXR-750 track/race bike. Less than 4,000 miles and only 2 trackdays on it.

Price: $6,000

- k-tech internals on front forks (purchased from EBR racing)
    - k-tech rear shock
    - new +1/-2 sprockets.
    - R6 throttle tube
    - Yoshimura Slip-on
    - Race-wired ignition
    - Armour-bodies fairings (brand new, unpainted)
    - R6 front calipers and master cylinder
    - Spengler Braided lines
    - RBF600 fluid & EBC HH pads
    - Stompgrip tank pads
    - Vortex Rearsets
    - Vortex V3 grips
    - Water + Water wetter
    - New Q3+ tires with maybe 100 miles on them.
    - plus more I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Clean non-op title in my name.

Cons:
    - new clutch is slipping a bit I think - haven't had a chance to really test it or fiddle with adjustments.
    - original gauge cluster was busted. replacement gauge works fine, but has inaccurate mileage.

This bike is virtually mint, and is safety-wire away from being AFM ready. It's so new that it's still got the original chain.

If you are interested, read on. This bike has some (not very important) history and I want to be 100% transparent. TLDR - it's a theft recovery with some backfees in CA.

Long story short, this bike was stolen shortly after it was first purchased, and sat in a garage for 10ish years before the thief decided to take it for a ride one day. He ended up lowsiding it, police were called, VIN was run, theif went to jail, and the bike was returned to the original owner who sold it to me. The only remaining damage of the low-side is a busted tank shroud (i have a replacement), and some scuffing on the frame that I sanded and painted - unless you know what to look for, you'll never notice it (you can see it in a picture I uploaded below though).

As it stands, the bike has around $800 worth of back-fees due to CA DMV. I didn't really care since I was making it a track bike, but went ahead and had the bike registered in my name, and put it on non-op status to keep it from incurring more fees.

I've taken the bike to a grand total of 2 trackdays, neither of which were very abusive.

Trackday #1 was at buttonwillow in June of 2020. It was a quick shakedown and I quickly realized the factory suspension wasn't up to snuff, and noted that the clutch was letting go at the top of 3rd gear. It did maybe 3-4 sessions before i stuffed it in the trailer and finished the day on my other bike.

After Buttonwillow, I upgraded the suspension, and tossed a brand new clutch in (because they are cheap and I didn't want to risk another trackday without 4th+ gear)

Trackday #2 was at Thunderhill in October of last year. I spent about 3 sessions working with Dave Moss to get the suspension dialed in, and it felt PROPER. Felt like the clutch might still be slipping a bit though - probably needs a bit more dialing in. Unfortunately I never got a chance to fiddle with adjustments - I took another bike out for the next session and got into a nasty tank-slapper coming into turn 14 which ended my day prematurely.

Depressingly, I haven't had a chance to get back to the track since, and while I've been really wanting to take this bike out and really lay down some laptimes, I'm working towards buying a house soon, and as much as I adore this bike, it's hard to justify having 2 dedicated track bikes when you're not a racer.

PHOTOS

Thunderhill Trackday
    [​IMG]

Buttonwillow Trackday
    [​IMG]

Driveway shot
    [​IMG]

Day I bought the bike
    [​IMG]

More photos & video available on request.