1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 r6 rearsets now on cb350

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 56cbr600rr, Aug 15, 2008.

1. 56cbr600rr

56cbr600rr Well-Known Member

Thought I would share this. Hopefully it can help someone. :up:

Now all I need is my Mikuni's I ordered and hopefully I'll be roadworthy.

Front 2006 r6 rearsets turned out to work WAY better. Now I have a front brake lever that works perfectly.
    [​IMG]

I used the spring from the original rear brake, drilled a hole in the lever for it. I then reversed the rear drum arm like everyone else is doing. All I have to do at this point is attach them with the arm. It will even be easy to drill a hole in the brake lever and attach the rear brake light switch to it as well. What do you think?
    [​IMG]

And the left pec. They both function perfectly with the springs still too.
    [​IMG]

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Hey-looks good. Do you think the kick start lever will clear?[I really love not having to push my race bike to start it]

3. 56cbr600rr

It will clear, already checked it.

Thinking about it now though, don't most vintage racers (like the non-vintage racers) prefer fixed rearsets?

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey....that looks pretty good!:up: I'm gonna do something different with mine soon.....move alittle more forward, like yours and Charlys.

Look forward to seeing ya out there in V1!

5. CharlieY

I just read your post again.....is this going to be a street bike?...."Roadworthy"..."Rear Brake light switch"....???

6. Tinfoil hat charly

Back in the day...[1970's] spring loaded folding pegs were required--not sure why. Today fixed pegs seem to be prefered, maybe because they act as frame sliders?

7. Tinfoil hat charly

Hey Charlie-did you wrestle your bike back into submission for Tally?

8. CharlieY

Unfortunatly not. Twisted the swingarm like a pretzel, rear wheel is toast..clipons too...I stopped there.

Went to the dr tuesday....rib 7 broken in multiple places, and twisted, like a radial fracture....never heard of that before.

Tried to borrow a ride from my teammate, who is not racing....no go.

Things aint lookin too good for Ol CY:eek:

9. Tinfoil hat charly

Charlie-sorry to hear that----you have beaten me on the track 5 times this season....I built a full-blown, ready to race V1 bike from the get-go and only managed to beat you.....5 times. Assuming you REALLY don't show up at Tally, you have a month to recover for Nashville, a track I hate....heal up quick and I'll see ya out there ....:up:

10. 56cbr600rr

At first it's goint to be a street and an occasional track day bike. Might start racing again-undecided. I'm hoping the wife will go for it since it's slower paced than when I did some 600 superstock races. Either way, I want it to be raceabe if I decide last minute, suspension, tires, etc...

Not to change the subject, but what are some average vintage laptimes at places like Tally, Jennings, Barber?

11. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Come to the track and hang out with me anyways.
    I'll buy you a beer and we can compare rib fractures :D

I'm riding along with Steve967 and our buddy Bill to be pitmonkey and pushstarter.

12. XRacerX

XRacerX Well-Known Member

check out mylaps.com and you will be able to see their fastest lap of the race/practice....

13. 56cbr600rr

I knew you were gonna say that! I was just being lazy

14. CharlieY

Hey CP....'preciatte the nod man....It aint been easy by any means:D....our battles this year have made all the troubles worth it man!:up:

Sorry about the "love tap" at Jenn....I learned from it, and would do things different next time....glad you came out OK, I woulda really been bummed if things went different.

I'll show up at Tally even without a ride.....hey do me a favor? Chad (GoFastPinhead) is goin over, taking the riders school, his first race, etc...He knows you'll be there, and I told him to hang close to you, your boys, and all the Honda guys for info, etc.

I think Chad will make things interesting.:D

Sorry for the threadjack 600rr....heres some lap times for Honda 350's.

Jennings: GP, 2 days....V1. 1.8 days....:crackup:
    GP: 1:40's, V1: 1:30's

Barber: GP:2:10's.....V1: 1:55's

Tally: GP: 1:20's.....V1: 1:10's

Hey, on your bike....I'm not sure it will fit into too many trackdays....have you checked into it?....I'd be interested in something where I wouldnt get killed for being a roadblock:D

15. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

suck it up Grannie, if you can't show me a bone, you aint hurt :D. i'll bring an extra roll of duct tape.

you can ride my beast (assuming, of course, that we got it's issues worked out at Road Atlanta). email sent. your email address is still coololdcrustycat at bangedup dot net, right? :Poke:

16. CharlieY

DDdaaaaammmmm JW.....you da man!....you can call me grannie anytine;):D

Looks like I aint out yet CP!:up:

17. james walker

grannie. :D

18. CharlieY

See ya there Chuck / Steve....compare ribs, yeah....:up:

19. Tinfoil hat charly

shoot, I forgot to pay james off:(

20. james walker

sh'yeah, and i'm cheap too. i coulda been bought off for a 12-pack of PBR. :)