1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 Season Wrapup, Lone Wolf Cycles Rookie Season

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by LoneWolfRacing, Sep 30, 2005.

1. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

Lone Wolf Cycles endurance season came to a close @ Barber, with the unfortunate injury to (Fast) Freddie Bittner. He broke his collarbonne in a T1 crash Friday afternoon. Get well soon! It has been a season of promise shown and some bittter mechanical/electrical mishaps.

First off I want to thank Fred Bittner and his wife Adrienne for their help in getting the team more focused and organized.
    I learned a great deal about how hard it is to balance team ownership and riding, I struggled thru the early part of the season with being overwhelmed by all the responsibility and my riding suffered for it. As the season progressed, my riding came more inline with what I expect from myself, I can hear the schools calling me for early next year :D I could not wish for a better teammate then Fred, I will look back on this rookie season as a learning process and that I gained a good friend, whom I will look forward to seeing at the track in 2006.

There are others I would like to thank:

Quentin & Dana Mize of Mize Mobil, my Bridgestone Supplier,
    thank you for your great support, both with an excellent tire and someone who I could go to for advice. It is people like them that complete the great feeling of a race weekend!

Billy Ethridge of Team Extreme, for the words of encouragement and sound advice throught this season. Next season you won't be giving me the finger so often, when we are on track !

Brenda Ethridge of Team Extreme for her hospitality and excellent food, be advised being that nice, just makes New Yorkers like me want to move south!

Marc Edwards of Team Extreme for the input @ Barber

Bruce Stafford of Dixie Mafia, hope to see you out there in 2006, thanks for the tools we borrowed, advice and general discussion that helped in my 2006 planning.

Brian Stokes, good luck the rest of 2005.

Steve Green and ZXYVAX, thanks for duct taping the leathers @ Nelson

Frank THE TANK & John from FishTank Racing

There are more, that I am certainly lapsing on now. Lone Wolf Cycles looks forward to being a thorn in the side of the competition next season!
    We will be back riding 2005 Hondas, on Bridgestone tires.

2. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

Don't mention Bruce and "mishaps" in the same post. It makes him quiver all over.........:D

3. LoneWolfRacing

LoneWolfRacing Ride like a stupid moron!

Yeah, I noticed he was a bit disgusted at Barber and was up in the air about the GNF. I appreciate the fact that he was still friendly to me, when I went to talk to him, guess he knew I was in the same boat, the weekend being over before it started.
    Bruce is a good guy and look forward to being a general on the track pain in the ass to his endurance effort next year!:D