1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Yamaha R6

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by LongW8, Dec 27, 2021.

1. LongW8

LongW8 Member

2001 Yamaha R6:

Bike was last used as a track day around 2010-ish time frame. I used the bike at a half dozen track days since I bought it. The bike had been periodically started since its last track day. Bike was stored with stable in the gas. Last time it was run was about 5 years ago at which time the gas was drained.

I don't know the history of the bike prior to my owning it. The bike does not have a title. I never received one when I purchased it. The bike is well set up with many after market parts as shown in the pictures. The previous owner did the suspension work if any was done. (Race Tech Gold Valve?). I did not make/do any of the additions or modifications to the bike. It is basically in the condition that I bought it in. Only thing I did was paint the bodywork.

Will need some work to be track day ready. Tires are old. Will need oil change. Bike should be gone through to ensure it runs properly after sitting so long. Other than sitting, the bike is in great shape. I have a small box of extra parts that will go with the bike. (brake pads, levers, stock rear sets, etc.)

This was a great starter track day bike. Ran very well. Never had any problems with it. It would make a great starter track day bike.

Odometer shows 6,000 miles. (Unverified)
    Vortex rear sets
    Scotts Steering Damper
    Leo Vince exhaust (Slip on?)
    Safety wired
    Vortex fearing bracket
    Vortex gas cap

Asking $3,500 obo.

Attached Files:

2. Ricky T

Ricky T Well-Known Member

Location?

3. LongW8

LongW8 Member

Sorry....

Brookfield Wisconsin. (just outside Milwaukee)

Ricky T likes this.